Thirty-six

-Keith-

I look down at the phone when I see somebody calling me. I shake my head before I put it by my ear.

"I need you guys to know that I'm not the one controlling the purple lion." I hear Nat say

"What do you mean?" I ask

"Lotor somehow was able to form a bond with the lion while I was out healing." She says "I just need to warn you now. He's attacking those who might actually trust me."

I hear her sigh before she continues in her explanation.

"His bond isn't strong with purple. I can still connect with my lion but he does fly it away from me whenever he feels like his connection is in danger due to me trying to take her back." She says "This is why I need you to warn everyone that you can."

"Well, we'll do our best to warn everyone. Can you at least tell me where you are?" I say

"No. It's safer for you and me that you don't know where I am or who I'm with." She says "This way they can't use you against me."

"Are you at least safe?" I ask

"Yes. I still have my bayard and my new arm." She says "Get this exact message out to the others if you can. I've already been on for too long."

I hear her hang up before I look over at the rest of the blade members.

"That was Natasha." I say "She needs everyone to know that she isn't the one in control of the purple lion."

"Did she say who was in control now?" Kolivan asks

"The Galra. Somehow Lotor was able to gain a bond with the lion." I explain "I need to get this information to the rest of the paladins. I'll be back."

I walk out of the room, typing the information that I need to get ahold of the castle.

I watch as the screen shows all of the paladins sitting in the lounge.

"Guys, I just heard from Nat," I say

I watch as Lance almost jumps out of his seat before I chuckle to myself.

"What do you mean you heard from Nat?" Allura asks

"She reached out to me." I start "She has a message for us."

Everyone looks at me before they nod and Shiro stands up.

"She's not in control of the purple lion." I explain "While she was out and healing wherever she is, Lotor somehow gained a bond with the lion."

"How strong is the bond?" Coran asks

"From what Nat was saying, it isn't that strong. She's still able to connect with purple, but Lotor brings it out of her range every time that he feels like she's getting too close." I say "We need to get her lion back if we want her to come back."

"We need to find out where she is first." Pidge says "We haven't heard anything about her whereabouts, even from the rebels who have eyes almost everywhere."

I look at them when I hear their alarms start to go off.

"We're being attacked!" Hunk yells

"Alright paladins, you know what you need to do!" Shiro says

"I'll be back soon. I promise." I say before their screen goes blank

-Pidge-

I race to my lion before I head towards the blasts coming towards the ship.

"It's Lotor with the lion!" Allura yells

I look out towards the blasts before I see the other ships.

"We don't want to damage her lion but how are we supposed to get it without a fight?" Hunk asks

"We're going to have to damage it." Lance says "Once we get it back, we can get Tashie back."

I dodge a few blasts before flying towards Lotor when he disappears into a portal thing.

"He discovered something new!" I yell

"Nat was never able to do that was she?" Hunk asks

"No. He must have either discovered how to do it or he somehow added that!" Allura says

"How is he doing this?" Lance says "Tashie still has her bayard. He can't really do anything with it."

"Just like Shiro was able to pilot the black lion without the bayard," Coran says

"Lance watch out!" Shiro yells

I look towards Lance to see something flying towards him. I urge my lion to head towards the Red Lion, knocking Lance out of the way, taking the hit myself.

"Pidge!" Lance yells

"We're good." I groan

"We can't win this fight." Hunk says "The purple lion knows how to target our lions' weaknesses."

"This is one battle that we need to flee, and fast," Allura says

Everyone agrees before we start to fly towards the wormhole, the castle causing a distraction.

"We need to go help a rebel convey, so let's get going," Shiro says

"Is Keith meeting us there? We might need Voltron." Lance says

"I sure hope so," Shiro says

-Keith-

I walk into the ship to see everyone waiting for me.

"We need to get to that meeting with the rebels. They need help now that Lotor has the purple lion." Allura says

I nod before they start to head towards the lions. I sigh before I head towards the black.

"This should be you, Shiro." I say as he catches up with me

"No. This is where you belong Keith." He reassures "Both Nat and I believe in you. That should show you that you are capable of so much more than what you give yourself credit for."

I look at him before slowly starting to nod, rubbing my hand along my arm as I head into the cockpit.

-~-

I look around the room to see the rebels all looking at us, unknown looks in their eyes.

"I know you guys are really uneasy, especially now that the Galra has the purple lion." Allura says "But we want to reassure you that we are going to get that lion back, along with its paladin."

"What happened to paladin?" A rebel asks

"We don't know. All we know is that she is safe and healing." Shiro says "If any of you have any knowledge of where she might be, please tell us so we can reach out."

I look over at Pidge as she is chatting with some of the other rebels, trying to find any information that she can get about Matt.

I shake my head before I look out towards the sky, biting my lip.

She mentioned saving Matt once before when he first started with the rebels... could he have been the one who found her?

No... we haven't heard anything about Matt. Besides Nat wouldn't keep that kind of thing from Pidge.

"Keith, you okay?" Hunk asks

"Huh? Oh yeah, sorry, was just thinking." I say

"About Nat?" He asks

I look at him before laughing.

"I guess you could say that." I chuckle