Twenty One

-Natasha-

"So I'm assuming he's left for another mission?" I ask as I enter the control room

"Did he not say goodbye?" Shiro asks

"Nope. Yet again." I start

"Well, he better be back before the end of the week. We have that information retrieval." Coran says

I look out towards the space in front of us before turning around, heading to my room.

"I'm worried about her..." Pidge says

"I think we all are. I don't know what happened between her and Keith, but it's taking a toll on both of them." Hunk says

I hear the door shut, cutting off their conversations from my ears.

-~-

"He's not here. What did you expect?" Lance asks

"I honestly expected better..." I start "Anyway, let's go. Purple can handle being his replacement until he gets his crap together."

"You won't have backup..." Pidge starts "What are you supposed to do?"

"I'll go in solo. Keith and I are the only ones who can get in without being detected due to our Galra bloodline." I start "I'm not risking the rest of you guys. Now let's go."

I turn towards the jumps before heading towards the Purple Lion. I smile before climbing into the cockpit, getting ready to take off.

-~-

"I'm going in," I say, exiting the Purple Lion

"Be careful," Shiro says

I find the door and slowly enter the ship. I look around, seeing if there are any other Galra that saw me.

"I'm in," I say

"Let us know when you need the extraction," Lance says

I look around the hallway before softly landing and head towards the command center. I look around to see it empty for once in a lifetime.

I see the console that I need. I take one more glance behind me before sprinting over to it, plugging Pidge's device in, starting to type a few things.

"Well look at who we have here." A voice says

I turn to look and I see the commander watching me, his weapon already out.

"Well, crap." I whisper "Guys this is going to be harder than we originally planned."

"Just hurry in there. We can't keep this up for long." Hunk says

I look at the commander then transform my Bayard into a long sword and quickly slice at him. He just laughs as he dodges the swing, throwing a table at me, knocking me onto my back.

I shake my head as I look at him as I try to push myself back onto my feet.

"Not so fast." The commander says

I look at him as he kicks my chest, knocking me back onto my back. I groan before looking at him as he brings his weapon level with my shoulder before laughing.

"No!" I yell

-Shiro-

I dodge a blast as I hear a scream over the comms.

"Nat?!" I yell

"Guys, we need to get to Nat and soon!" Coran says "Something happened and her vitals aren't looking good."

"We'll cover you, Shiro, just get to her," Lance says

"I just sent you where she's at in the ship," Pidge says

I dodge another fighter ship and head towards the ship that Nat was last seen in. I'm too busy trying to fly through, I don't see the blast coming towards me. I get knocked to the side and even further away from where I need to go.

"Nat, where are you?" I ask

"C-Command center in the main ship." She says

"Hang on, I'm almost there," I say

"Shiro, there's a lot of blood..." She says

"W-What?" I ask

"He managed to cut straight through my arm." She says as I hear her gasp for a breath

I feel my heart start to pound as I urge the Black Lion to fly faster.

I can't lose her too!

"Nat, hang on, I'm coming!" I yell into the comms

I look at the ship and the Black Lion digs its claws into it and tears a hole in the wall and I quickly climb out and see Nat sitting against the wall, staring off into the sky.

You were supposed to be here Keith!

"Coran, get a healing pod ready!" I yell

"On it!" He says

I run over to Nat and look at where her left arm should be.

"Hey, you'll be okay," I whisper as I finally reach her and carefully grab her and fly back towards the Black Lion

"I'm sorry that I wasn't strong enough to do this alone. Some sister I am." I hear her whisper

"Hey, don't give up on me now. You're the best little sister anyone could ask for." I start "You can't leave me yet. I still need you. The team still needs you."

I look at her to see her starting to close her eyes.

"Please Nat, stay with me." I cry

I look back once to watch as the ship explodes, destroying anything that we possibly could've grabbed.

I look back to see the Purple Lion turn on and start to follow us as we hurry to the wormhole that's forming.

-~-

I'm sitting in the med bay as I look at Nat as she's sitting in one of the healing pods. She looks so peaceful that it's hard to believe that it's my little sister in that pod.

"I can't believe we let this happen." I start "Keith was supposed to be there to help her!"

"You can't blame Keith, he thought he would be back in time to help," Coran says

I sigh as I reluctantly agree as I stand up, rubbing my eyes.

"I'm going to go update the others, call if anything else changes," I say

"Will do Shiro." He says "Get some rest too. Your sister is going to need an energized you. The healing is going to take a lot out of her and with her arm not being there she's going to have to relearn everything."

I nod my head as I walk out and head towards the lounge. I see everybody's heads turn towards the door as I walk in.

"How is she?" Allura asks

"She's healing. It's just going to take a while." I say "Pidge, do you think you could make her a new arm?"

"I can try. But I can't promise it's going to be very good." She says "It might take a while too."

"I can help," Hunk says

"It just needs to be functional. We all know she was left-handed and it's going to be hard for her." I start

I hear the doors open and I slowly turn around and see Keith standing there.

"Did I miss something?" He asks, looking at all of us "Wait... where's Nat?"

I shake my head as I sigh, looking over at the others.

"Can Keith and I have the room please?" I ask

Keith looks at me, watching as the others nod and head out.

"Where were you?" I ask "You promised that you would be here for this mission Keith!"

"I got stuck in another battle on my way back. Didn't realize how long I was gone." He starts