Thirty-One

-Natasha- 

"Shiro!" I yell as I run behind Keith

I watch as the Black Lion opens its mouth, letting us into the cockpit.

"Shiro?" Keith asks

"He's gone." Lance whispers

I look at his seat as it stays there, not having anybody there.

"No..." I start, backing up "Not again..."

I turn around, running out of the lion, heading towards the purple lion.

"Not again!" I cry 

I run over to the Purple Lion, watching as it opens her mouth. 

"Nat!" Keith yells "Slow down!" 

"He's still out there!" I yell as I turn to look at Keith 

"You need to get looked at, make sure nothing happened to you. I'll go look for Shiro." Keith says "You need to go get some sleep." 

I look at him before shaking my head. I feel myself start to lean against the purple lion. I slowly bring my hand up, laying it on my forehead. 

"You took a nasty hit when Haggar hit you," Keith says 

I look at him before blinking the dots away. 

"I need to find him!" I argue 

"You need to heal before you go look for him," Keith argues 

I feel my knees start to go weak before arms wrap around me. 

"This is what I mean." Keith whispers "You need your strength."

I feel him move his arm to scoop up my legs up as he lifts me up bridal style. 

"I know you want to be the one who looks for him, but you need to rest." Keith reasons "I'll go look for him as soon as we clean up a bit." 

I look at him before laying my head against his chest, closing my eyes. 

-Pidge- 

I watch as Keith walks into the lounge, a sad look on his face. I watch as Allura stands up. 

"How?..." Allura asks 

"She refusing to use the healing pod." Keith sighs "When she's able to process everything, this isn't going to be a good time for her." 

"She's lost her brother once, she didn't need to lose him again," I comment 

"You're right." Keith says "I'm going to go look for him. If she wakes up before I get back, tell her I'll come find her."

We all look at him before he walks towards the Red lion, shaking his head. I look at the others before they sit back down, looking at the table. 

"What are we supposed to do?" I ask "We can't form Voltron without Shiro. Nat prefers to stay out of Voltron or not even drive any lion that isn't hers." 

"Let's give her and Keith some time to search for Shiro." Allura says "We've defeated Zarkon which should be giving us a break." 

"Didn't the Blade want to try and put Nat on the throne?" Lance asks 

"She wouldn't let them. After the whole Zov thing, she's going to refuse anything like that." I explain 

Everyone looks at me before I lay down on the couch, staring at the ceiling.

-Natasha-

I slowly start to sit up, looking down to see what my arms are wrapped around Keith's jacket. 

I push myself off of the bed, running my hands through my hair hitting a few knots. I look down at my arm to see the blue starting to highlight it lightly before I walk towards the control room. 

"What happened? Last thing I remember is coming back in from the fight with Zarkon." I start "Wait, where is Keith?" 

I watch as everybody looks at me before breaking eye contact, not wanting to make eye contact. 

"What happened?" I question "Where's Shiro?" 

"You really don't remember?" Lance asks 

"Remember what?" I ask 

I hear the door open to reveal Keith standing there, looking exhausted. 

"Keith, thank goodness you're here," Hunk says 

"What's going on?" I ask "Where did Keith go? Where is my brother? What happened after we fought Zarkon?" 

Keith looks at me, a sad look replacing his exhausted one. 

"Nat, let's go sit down for a bit," Keith says 

I look at everyone before shaking my head, catching up with him as we walk towards his room. 

"I know this is the last thing you want to hear right now." Keith starts 

I watch as we walk into his room. I lean against the wall as I watch him start to get out of his armor, moving his hair out of his face. 

"Shiro's gone. Again." He hesitantly says before looking on at me 

"What?!" I almost yelp "That can't be..." 

I look at him before going to turn around. I hear Keith move quickly, wrapping his arms around my waist. 

"I've been looking for him." He whispers 

I try to pull against him as I start to see the tears. 

"I need to go find him! This can't be happening again!" I yell 

"Natasha, please, listen to me." Keith starts "I'm going to rest a bit. Then we'll both go looking for him." 

I feel his arms tighten around me, his forehead leaning on the back on my shoulders. 

"Please Nat. We can't keep searching right now. We need rest and a plan." Keith says 

I feel myself start to relax as I stop fighting against him. I turn around to see the bags under his eyes. 

"Keith..." I whisper "You haven't slept since the fight..." 

"I wanted to find him before you woke up..." He whispers 

"Keith, you can't do that to yourself..." I start "You need to sleep." 

I slowly start to rub his back, hearing him as he just breathes, still keeping his arms around my waist. 

"Will you at least lay with me?" He whispers 

"Of course. I'm always here." I whisper "Go get out of your armor." 

I watch as he nods, standing up, letting go of me as he walks towards his bathroom. I smile softly before walking over to his desk. I put the helmet on the shelf along with his bayard, turning towards the shirt and shoulder plates. I start to fold the shirt when I see him walking out, his black shirt loose on his body. 

He walks over to me, looking at his armor. 

"Honestly, you might as well share a room, not like you aren't already in here all the time." Keith laughs 

"We'll talk more about it when you get some rest," I whisper 

I take his head before walking towards the bed. I sit down, crossing my legs, watching as he slowly climbs in, laying down. He lays his head on his pillow before looking at me with a tired smile. 

I smile before laying down next to him, I feel him hesitantly wrap his arm around me before closing his eyes. 

"We're going to find him. I promise." He whispers