Thirty-eight

-Keith-

"James leave him alone!" I hear someone yell

I watch as James turns around before shaking his head.

"I understand that you want the spot that Keith has but you can't fight for it, you have to earn it," Nat says

James looks at her before he slowly starts to nod, he walks away before Nat sits next to me, laying her head on the table.

"Tired?" I ask

"Yeah, I guess not having Shiro around makes going things a lot harder." She laughs

I smile before I look back at the paper in front of me.

"I swear Adam gives us more homework than the others." I joke

"He honestly probably does because we used to be with Shiro all the time." She yawns

"Why don't we call a raincheck for tonight, let you get some more sleep," I say

"No, I'll be fine." She says "We've been waiting for this race."

-~-

I look around the blade headquarters when I hear a siren start to go off.

"Keith, we need to go!" Kolivan yells

"What? What's going on?" I ask

"One of the smaller bases is being attacked," Kolivan explains as we run towards the ships

"Do we know what's attacking them?" I ask

"We've heard reports on the purple lion." He says "They know it's not the real paladin."

I nod before pushing the button to put my helmet on as we fly towards the base.

-~-

I look toward the lion as it is flying around, shooting at some of the blade. I see another ship come flying into view. I watch as somebody comes out of the ship, flying towards the purple lion.

I get out of the ship before I see the paladin armor as they try to get into the lion.

I see a ship start to take aim at Natasha when the rebel ship blocks the way of the shot before the lion roars and flies away. I watch Nat shake her head before she heads back towards the ship.

"We need to flag that ship down," I say as I turn to look at the others

"Why?" Somebody asks

"I need to talk to that paladin," I say

I watch as the pilot nods before flying toward the ship, trying to stop them. I head towards the base when I see blade members trying to get things back together.

-~-

"Keith, you're needed in the main room." One says as he comes running over

"What? Do you know why?" I ask as I turn to look at him

"The paladin and their pilot agreed to stop and explain." He says "Kolivan says it needs to be fast since you have another retrieval mission."

I set whatever I was doing down before walking towards the main room to see Nat's black hair down her back as she is standing next to a light brown-haired person. Kolivan looks up, nodding his head as he finishes saying something.

"Ragna, he's right behind you," Kolivan says

Nat turns around before she sees me, a smile playing onto her face.