Forty-two

-Keith- 

I look around the ship before I see Nat walk over to the seat as she kneels beside me as we look at the ship before I see her eyes full of worry. 

"Are we sure this is going to work?" She asks 

"It's the only plan we got." I say "Worth a shot to get you your lion back." 

She nods before heading back to grab something before she comes back up to the seat before standing behind the seat. 

"The others are causing a distraction so less of a risk we'll be caught," I explain 

"We shouldn't be caught if we have this ship, but with the Galra, we might not know." She says 

"Exactly, and it never hurts to have backup for if this goes wrong," I say 

She nods before we take off before I start to steer the ship towards the last known direction of where the target ship is. 

"You remember that we have two different missions." She says "That if things go wrong on my side, you are still to go through with your mission." 

"Yes, we've gone over this so many times." I say "No matter how much I want to go back to help you, I need to do my mission and get out." 

She looks at me before looking out towards space. 

"Shiro to Nat and Keith." A voice rings out 

"What's up?" I ask 

"We want to know your position." He says "We are almost to our target but what about you guys?" 

"We're just about to the ship that we need to be at," I say 

"Give us maybe two minutes to make a jump," Nat says as she looks at the map 

"Let us know when you are ready," Shiro says 

"Will do." I say "Be careful out there." 

"You guys too," Shiro says before he hangs up 

-Pidge- 

"Are we really going through with this?" I ask 

"Yeah, not like we really have a choice about this." Lance comments 

"The blade wasn't going to give us a choice." Hunk starts 

"But if you think about it Natasha or Keith would've convinced us to do it too." Allura says "They're all right in different ways. We need the purple lion back before it fully turns against us." 

"Allura, what would happen to Voltron if the purple lion was to turn against us?" Matt asks over the comms 

"Honestly, I'm not sure what would happen. I never saw it turn against Voltron. Nat's mom took over before things took a turn for the worse." Allura says 

"With it being the spirit of Voltron, we can only assume the worse about if it turns against Voltron." Coran says "It wasn't made to ever work away from Voltron but we've seen that these lions go beyond our expectations in more than many ways." 

I look towards the ships before I hear the comms start to buzz before Keith and Nat's voice rings out. 

"Sorry, that took longer than we thought it would," Nat says 

"You guys are good to star the distraction, we were able to get Nat onto the ship without it but we need that distraction if we want to get the rest of us blade on and keep them distracted so they don't notice us," Keith says 

"We're on it." Shiro says "Alright Voltron, rebels, you heard him. Let's get our spirit back." 

-Keith- 

I look around the ship when I see some of the other Galra soldiers running around trying to figure out how Voltron got the information about where that ship would be that they're targeting. I chuckle before sneaking behind a wall. 

I risk a glance around the corner when I see one of the lower-ranking Galra running towards the ship bay. I smirk before watching Nat reach around and grab one of them, slamming him into the wall. 

"Where is the purple lion?" I ask 

"W-what?" They stutter "How did you get on the ship?" 

"I have my ways. You forget that I am the princess." She chuckles "Where is the purple lion?" 

"It's in the ship bay, but nobody can gain access from it since Prince Lotor left." They answer 

"Good thing I am the paladin for that lion," She says 

She hits the Galra's head on the wall, watching as they fall unconscious before I stuff them in a closet before heading towards the ship's bay. I look at her as she keeps up with me as we look around.

"Ragna, what's your status?" Kolivan asks 

"Just got the needed information." I answer "What about you guys?" 

"We are just getting to the desired area." Another blade member answers "Think once you have your lion that you might be able to distract enough of these guys so we can get a sample?" 

"I can try to do that." She says "No promises, from what I hear the lion isn't letting anyone in so let's hope that I will be able to get through to my lion."

"Keith, remember, once she's in the lion, you head toward your station." Kolivan says "We still have our missions to worry about." 

"I know. I'll be there to study their movement as soon as I know she's safe." I say 

I watch Nat look around before she looks around before darting toward her lion, watching as the shield falls down immediately. 

"One target has been acquired." I say before running towards one of their own ships "How are the other targets coming?" 

"They moved all of the quintessence. It's almost as if they knew we were coming." Kolivan says 

I look towards the lion before I hear the other teams talking about something going wrong. 

"There's a ship with a shield that seems to be in control," Matt says 

"I think I can do something about that," Nat says 

I watch as her lion takes off towards the exit when I see the ship with the shield. 

I watch as the purple lion roars before I watch Nat throw her lion full force into the shield before it bounces off. 

"Nothing can get through that shield except their own ships," Pidge says 

"Their own ships?" I ask 

I look at the ship's controls before getting it off the ground and taking off. I shoot at a few of the other ships before Nat takes a few down. 

"Keith, what do you think you're doing?" Shiro asks 

"What needs to be done for the missions," I say 

"Keith, stop this!" Nat yells 

"Sorry guys," I whisper 

I turn my ship and start to fly full force towards the shield, trying to zone everyone out.

"Keith, fall back." Kolivan instructs 

"Sorry, but we need that information on that ship," I growl 

"Keith Kogane, stop this!" Natasha says 

"Forever and a day Nat, never forget," I say 

"Mullet, what are you doing?!" Lance says 

I watch as the shield gets closer before I see a beam shoot through it. I pull my ship back quickly before I look up to see Lotor's ship sitting there as he watches the scene unfold. 

"Lotor?" Nat asks "What does he think he's going?" 

"Many of you may not believe me, but I think it's time that we talk." Lotor's voice rings out through our comms