Fourty

-Keith-

I look at the other screens before I hear a silent argument.

"Nat, we can't risk that!" Shiro whispers

"We need to if we want to get my lion back!" Nat hisses

"Nat, we aren't prepared for sneaking onto Lotor's ship!" Shiro says

I watch those two before I hear Kolivan clear his throat.

"She's right, we do need to get her lion back." Kolivan says

"The longer Lotor has it the deeper the bond he can form with it. Making it harder for Nat to keep trying to take it." I say

Shiro looks over at us before sighing, rubbing the back of his neck.

"The thing is that we can't get a solid enough plan in order for us to be successful." Shiro explains "I know we need to get her lion back but there isn't a physical way."

Kolivan looks at me before I shrug.

"There could be a way, only if you're okay with it." Kolivan says

"What are you guys thinking?" Nat asks

"You could come with us on the next mission. Our intel says that Lotor's ship is going to be where we're going. If you come with us, while we're doing our thing, you can do your thing." I explain

Nat looks at Shiro as he looks at her before slowly starting to nod.

"We would get our spirit back." Shiro starts "They couldn't use it against the people who are helping us."

Nat looks back up the screen before she meets my eyes.

"We'll send Keith down to get her, it's not for another little bit since we're finalizing plans." Kolivan says "But in this little bit of time we can train her in the blade."

Shiro looks at Natasha before she looks at him and starts to nod.

"Alright. We'll let the others know." Shiro says "We'll see you soon Keith."

I watch them walk off screen before I head towards a ship.

-Lance-

I hear the door open when I look up to see Natasha and Shiro come walking in.

"Come up with something?" Pidge asks

"Yeah. We think we have the best option is we want to get my lion back." Natasha says

"What would that be Tashie?" I ask

I watch as she looks over at me, a glare on her face before Shiro laughs as he looks us over.

"Natasha is going to be joining the blade for a bit." He explains "They have a mission that brings them to the same place as Lotor's ship."

"Is it safe for her?" Hunk asks

"Dude, she's part everything! She'll be fine!" I try to joke away the fear

"I'll be training with the blade until it's time for them to head to the mission site. That's why I'll be leaving sometime soon." She cuts in "I'll be fine and you all know nothing will really happen."

"Yeah, but we all know the blade's feelings toward you." Allura says "Are we sure that they will help you if the choice came down to you or their mission?"

"I would rather them chose the mission over me." Nat says "Even though Zarkon was dead, the order to not kill me was still in action."

I look at her before she sits down on the couch next to Pidge. She looks at all of us.

"I know I'm the spirit and that's what makes this an easy choice. If you ever have to pick between me or a mission being successful, always. I repeat always chose the mission." She says as she looks directly at me "I know you guys well enough that you would find a way to safe me after and I rather you guys are safe then me being with you guys."

"Nat, that will never have to happen." Shiro says "You're part of this team to the end. No matter the choice team comes first."

We all look at each other before we nod, as we go silent.

"You should go pack Nat. Keith will probably be here soon." Allura says

Everyone agrees before she silently agrees before she goes walking out.

"We all know Keith won't let anything happen to her. He'll compromise the mission before anything else bad happens to her." Hunk says

"How can we be sure?" I ask "He's been with the blade for a bit."

"Do you know who he's called every night since they've been back?" Shiro asks

"I don't think anything can change that boy from how he is, no matter the time period." Coran laughs

-Keith-

I walk into the castle to hear people laughing in the lounge. I smile before walking towards Nat's room. I see it slightly open as I knock before walking in.

"Are you sure you're really okay to do this?" I ask

"Like we've agreed, we need to get Purple back before they can harm more people." She says without looking back

I nod before going to sit on the bed.

"How did everyone else react?" I ask

"As expected." She says "They're nervous because they all know the blade's true feelings about me."

I nod before rubbing my hands on my pants before she finally looks over at me.

"I know how they feel and I hate it." I grumble "You're not just some asset to them. You're a human being."

"Keith, I know that I am a person as myself but if they need me as an asset to get information, then we have to do it." She says as she kneels in front of me

I look at her before I feel my shoulders and head drop as I try to think of the words that I want to say.

"I know you want to everything that you can to protect me and the others, but you need to focus on the missions too." She says "We need to find a way to stop them before they hurt more people and if I'm needed as a sacrifice then okay, I'll do it. Cause that means I'm protecting you and the others."

"You won't ever have to sacrifice yourself!" I argue

"Keith, you know that it won't be the first choice but if we need to let me be taken, then we have to." She retorts "If it's the only way, it needs to happen." 

I look at her before she grabs my hand, surprising me as she sets her other hand on my cheek. 

"I understand what you're trying to say but you also have to realize that I know how to protect myself and you guys too." She whispers "I will always protect you guys with all I got."