Twenty-Four

-Keith-

I hear laughing coming from the lounge before I stop to see Nat and Lance sitting on the coaches, laughing at something one of them said. I smile to myself before walking towards the landings to find Shiro.

"I think it's about time I go actually join the blade..." I start "At least until we're fully ready to take on Zarkon. We've been having more information runs and it would be helpful if I'm there full time."

"Keith, if you think that it's time. Then do it, we're going to try and find out more information on Nat." Shiro says "Pidge and Hunk are almost done with her arm. She should be ready to go back soon."

"Shiro, I'm sorry that I let this happen. I should've been there. If I had been like I was supposed to, maybe this wouldn't have happened." I apologize again

"Keith, we've all forgiven you. Well maybe not Nat, but that's because of something else I hear." He replies "You need to know that she only loves one other person more than me. And that's you, Keith."

"She only loves you because you guys are siblings." I laugh "Besides she probably loves Pidge more than me."

"Well we didn't really get a choice in that now did we?" He laughs "But I mean what I'm saying. She loves the other Paladins, but you don't see the way that she looks at you. It definitely hasn't changed since we were last on earth."

I sigh before looking at the black and purple lion as they stand in front of us.

"I just don't think I'm the right one for her. Look what I've done." I explain

"No, you're letting what the blade said about her get to you." Shiro says "I know I've thought about it a few times since they brought it up with us."

-~-

"Are you sure you can trust that girl?" One of the blade members ask

"Of course we can." Shiro says "She's my sister, she hasn't done anything to tip us off otherwise."

The members look at Shiro before looking at me.

"Shiro's right." I start "I would trust her with my life if that came to it. She isn't going to switch sides on us. Not with how this is playing out with her family."

"That's another thing we need to take into consideration." Kolivan says "She's royalty technically. If we bring Zarkon down, they're going to go search for their next ruler. Zarkon has a son but he's MIA half the time."

"Where are you going with this?" Shiro questions "Natasha wouldn't leave us just for the throne. She wants nothing to do with the Galra. Ever since she came back, she's been avoiding them unless absolutely necessary."

"If they find out about her and her bloodline, they might try to force her to take the empire." One says "Is it really wise to have her flying around, fighting?"

"Natasha is a paladin and this isn't something that's going to stop her. She's one of our best fighters that we have." Shiro defends "She's one of our biggest assets with it come to fighting Zarkon. Especially with him having this connection to the black lion."

Kolivan sighs before looking at Shiro again.

"She wouldn't have a choice of Zarkon's son doesn't take it. If Lotor doesn't take Zarkon's spot, they will not stop till they find her." He says

I look at Kolivan as he mentions Lotor. I shake my head before being my focus back onto the conversation.

"I'm not letting them touch Nat. They would have to go through us first." Shiro defends