Twenty-Six

(Author's note real quick, the chapters are going to be switching POVs now, so I'm going to start stating them now, Natasha chapters are going to start being typically her or Shiro or typically Pidge, Keith's chapter will mix up but I'll try to keep it to two per chapter.)

-Keith-

"Why did you want to come?" I ask

"I want to talk to the girl," Zov says

I look at him before looking towards the castle of the lions.

I land the red lion in the hanger, watching as it starts to shut down before I take my helmet off, walking out of the pit.

I see Shiro standing there, watching as I climb out.

"How is she?" I ask

"She could be better. She hasn't left the training deck since the meeting with the Blade." Shiro explains "Kolivan's reaction could've been better for her."

"Hey, we'll show him that she won't leave us like that." I say "I'm going to go check on her before we get prepared to go fight Zarkon."

I look back to see Zov walking out.

"They sent someone with you?" Shiro asks

"He wants to speak with Nat," I explain

"First I want to talk to the princess." He says "We have more information for her only."

Shiro nods before he walks away. I watch as Zov follows behind him, talking to him. I look around before walking towards the training deck.

I walk over to the door, looking around when I hear grunts and heavy breathing through the door.

I laugh before opening the door, watching as Nat swings her long sword towards the gun aimed at her.

"Don't rely on your long sword as much as you are right now, use your arm. Just like Shiro's done!" Pidge says

I watch as Lance shoots at Nat's long sword, knocking it out of her hand. She groans before closing her eyes, powering up her arm. I watch as blue starts to highlight vein-like areas.

"Lance, are you sure that you want to be the one who gets hit by this thing?" Nat asks

I smile as I watch Lance, keeping his bayard in his hand.

-Lance-

I study Nat as her arm continues to glow.

"Somebody has to take the hits to see how powerful it can be." I start "Pidge is still too small and I don't think you want to hurt her. And Hunk, well he's Hunk."

"You could've let Shiro." She points out

"After the moment you two just had, I think you might not have wanted to accidentally hurt him." Lance says "And he wanted to be the one who catches Keith up on the plans."

She looks at me before nodding. She shakes her shoulders out before charging towards me, her fist at the ready.

I flinch before feeling the impact on my ribs. She stops before pulling away quickly.

"Sorry, Lance!" She yelps

"It's fine. It's for Pidge's research, it will help the team become better." I groan

"Lance, if you want to take a break, I know somebody who might want to have a go," Shiro says as he walks in

I look over at him, seeing Keith just standing there, watching us.

"I think Lance could use a break, go heal up some. It looks like she got you a few times pretty good from earlier." Pidge says

"I'm fine." I argue "This can help me become stronger."

"Lance, they're right. You might need a break before I actually break a rib." Nat says

"How about Ragna and her brother train?" A Galra says as they walk in

"Zov, what are you doing?" Keith asks

"They both have similar arms, training together can be much use to both of them. And to the one who is studying them." They say

I look at Nat before she shakes her head.

"How about we give her a choice..." I suggest "She already is having a hard time coping with this change."

I watch as Nat shakes her head, mumbling things as she watches the ground. I watch as Keith slowly starts to walk toward her as he mumbles things.

"If she is anything like her mother, she wouldn't hesitate to do this." The man says

"And how would you know that?" Shiro asks "You can't just walk in here and start demanding things. Allies or not, that is not how we work."

I watch as Zov grips his weapon, bring it out, looking like he's about to swing towards Shiro. I watch as Shiro brings his powered up arm, blocking the hit.

-Keith-

I look at Nat as she balls her fist. She looks up before looking straight at Zov. I watch as her arm starts to glow again before she charges towards Zov.

Her fist meets with his side, knocking him back towards the doors.

"Don't you dare touch him!" Nat yells

"Now that shows Sozo's fight inside this one." Zov laughs

"How did you know our mom?" Shiro says as he grabs Nat's shoulder

I walk over to Nat, grabbing her waist as I can hear her breathing heavily as she watches Zov. I feel her start to fight against me a little bit.

"Your mom was my partner on most Blade missions." Zov starts

"What?" Nat asks as she stops fighting, watching Zov

"Sozo was one of our best trainers and mission leaders." Zov explains "That's how she met your father."

"How?" Shiro asks

"We were looking for the Blue lion when we ran into this young earthling boy." Zov says "Your father already knew about us and knew about the Lion. He helped us find it and offered to protect it."

"Why did their mom decide to stay back?" Lance asks

"We were there for what you earth people knew as years. Throughout those years, Sozo fell in love with the earth man and told me to back to base. She was going to stay back and protect the Blue Lion with all she can." Zov says "After a bit of time, we lost contact, that must have been when she had Shiro."

I look over at Shiro before I hear Pidge gasp about something. I watch as she comes running down, her computer in her hand. I feel Nat pull away from my arms, her normal hand staying on my forearm.

"What's up, hun?" Nat asks

"She also has her caring side." Zov whispers

"Well, remember how Hunk and I said your arm won't be as strong as Shiro's?" Pidge starts "Well we were wrong... Somehow yours is almost as strong or even stronger than Shiro's!"

She turns the computer to face us as Nat lets go of my forearm, going to go study the data that is being shown.

"That can't be possible." She whispers

"Could it have to do something with it being Altean tech and your Altean blood?" Pidge starts

"I... I don't know. We'll have to do more tests when we have the time." Nat says "We need to worry about defeating Zarkon for right now."

She looks back at me, a tight look on her face before she looks over at Zov.

"I know you need to talk to me." She says "What about?"

"What happens after we defeat Zarkon." He says