Fifteen

-Natasha-

I hear a door open as I'm swinging the katana at the dummy as it tries to block my attacks.

"You've definitely improved your hand to hand," Keith says as he studies my movements

I stop as I look back at him, bring my bayard back to my hip.

"Kind of have to when I was pretty much fighting for life out there." I laugh "Besides, Lotor didn't give me a choice."

"Is Lotor the one you were working for?" Keith asks

"Yeah," I say as I look at the ground

"How about we don't bring him up anymore." He says as he walks over

"What are you even doing in here? Thought you guys were planning things." I start

"I thought I'd come over and update you on the plans." He says "Besides, you should probably let your body rest. You've had a rough few days."

I look down at my hands as they are slightly shaking from lack of sleep and I slowly start to nod.

"You're right. Besides, I know I'm safe here." I say

He smiles as I start to walk out of the room into the hall. He catches up with me as we walk in a comfortable silence towards my room.

"I'm glad you're back." He says out of the blue

"I should've come back sooner," I say

"You get drawn to them." He says "Just like Lance was drawn to his lion."

I laugh as I look at Keith.

"Did you just use Lance as an example?" I ask

"Hey, we've gotten better at getting along." He defends

"But it's Cargo Lance!" I laugh

"We're all a team now. We have to get along." He says "Besides, he's not that bad."

"Bull crap." I laugh again "Lance is such a hopeless romantic it's kind of funny."

Keith laughs as we stop outside of my room and stand by the door. He looks at me as he slowly reaches for my hand and firmly grabs it.

"I know I've said it before. But Nat, you don't need to be so closed off. We care about you here. We all have different ways of showing it." He says

"Keith, I know. You know better than anybody what happened when I was with the Galra, you're the only one I've really explained it to." I start as I watch out hands "Eventually I'll be ready to be more open, until then, just bare with me. Please."

He sighs as he nods before letting go of my hand.

"I should get some rest. I am the one who has to pilot tomorrow." He says

"I'll be awake on time to come with," I say with a smile

He gives me a small smile as he walks down the hall before disappearing into his room. I open my door and start to get ready for bed.

-~-

I'm laying in bed when I hear grunting from somewhere in my room. I peek my eye open and see three figures trying to navigate through my room without being too loud. I slowly move my hands to my eyes as I rub the sleep out of my eyes before I realize that the three figures in my room are Ezor, Narti, and Zethrid. I look around and see my bayard across the room.

I slowly start to stand up as I keep my eyes on them.

I won't make it.

I look at them as they keep whispering between themselves.