Thirteen

-Natasha-

I feel the hot water hit my back as I run my hands through my hair.

"He's dangerous! I'd watch out if I were you."

I close my eyes tighter as Lotor keeps repeating that sentence over and over in my head.

Keith would never hurt me. He wouldn't hurt anybody here.

I hear a knock on the door as I turn the shower off and head towards the towel.

"Give me a minute!" I yell

I quickly get into my jeans and a sports bra as I walk over to the door, opening it to see Keith there.

"Hey, what's up?" I ask, looking at the ground, pursing my lips

I watch as an image of a Galra version of Keith pops up into my mind as I clench the door and close my eyes again.

"Hey, you okay?" Keith asks as he grabs the side of my arm

I quickly nod my head as I hide away the thought and look back at him.

"What did you need?" I ask

"Shiro sent me to come check on you." He says

"Oh. Well, you can tell him I'm fine." I say with a small smile

"I will. Just so you know, dinner will be out in like thirty minutes." He says as he turns to walk away

I look back at my torn up shirt as I bite my lip.

"Hey Keith, do you by chance have a spare shirt that I could use until I have the opportunity to get more clothes." I say "And I don't really want to wear my armor around the castle all the time. Aaaand I'm rambling."

He looks at me with a small chuckle as he starts to nod.

"Give me about five minutes." He says as he walks away

I shut my door again as I head back towards the bed and sit down, pulling out the picture of Keith and me, looking it over as my eyes land in my cheek and I look at the faint marks. I feel my hand as I slowly bring it up to my cheek and start to trace the faint marks.

I stand up and walk over to the mirror in my room and turn my head to look at the marks. I look at the top on and see the resemblance to the ones that Coran and Allura have, the heart like shape under my eye. I then look at the bigger one, the one that looks like most Galra marks, the long stripe that ends just before the bottom of my eye.

"I thought you were going to be like me."

I look in the mirror and see half of my face as a Galra soldier, the other half of my face as an Altean.

I punch the mirror as I try to support myself as my head starts to throb. I feel the blood start to trickle down my hand as I squeeze my eyes shut.

"Nat?!" Keith says

I open my eyes as I look up at the mirror and see it completely shattered. I pull my hand away from it and look at the glass sticking out of my hand. Keith drops the shirt he had in his hand as he comes running over, gently grabbing my hand.

"What happened?" He asks

"I thought I saw something in the mirror." I start

"What happened to you while you were at the Galra?" He asks

I bite my lip as I look down at the ground as he starts to take the glass out of my knuckles as I hiss every time.

"Natasha, I know how strong you are. You wouldn't break like this unless something happened." He insists

I turn to have my cheek face him.

"I found out the truth behind these marks." I start

"Your birthmarks?" He asks

"They're Altean and Galra marks," I say

"How? Shiro doesn't have them and he's your brother." Keith starts as he studies my hand

"That's what I'm trying to figure out. He told me that my grandparents were Galra and Altean." I start as I go to pull my hand away before he holds onto it tighter

"Let me wrap this up." He instructs

"I'll be fine." I insist

"Look at how much your knuckles are bleeding. That was a good punch. You managed to break the entire mirror. Not just a portion." He says "But I'm still confused about how you're part of both but Shiro has no trace of that bloodline."

"Certain traits can skip bloodlines. I'm the unlucky one who got stuck with both of them. That's why they sent me to get the weapon." I start to say

"Wait. Why you?" He asks

"Because you either have to be royalty or have both Galra and Altean blood." I explain "That's why I was able to get it out of the places they were hiding."

"So you're saying Allura knew this," Keith says

"I wouldn't be surprised but then again she said that she'd been asleep for 10,000 years." I start

He looks at me as he turns my hand over and forces me to open it when he shakes his head. I look down and see a piece of glass embedded into the palm of my hand.

"I really don't know how you manage to do these kinds of things." He says

"You expect me to know? I honestly don't even remember punching the mirror that hard." I say with a laugh

He laughs softly as he starts to bandage the wound as he occasionally looks up at me.

"Keith, I'm sorry." I blurt out

"For what?" He asks

"Everything. I'm sorry for dragging you into my mess of a life. I'm sorry for leaving you for that other side. I'm sorry for how I've been treating you since I've been back. I'm just sorry for everything. I honestly don't deserve to be forgiven as easily as I was." I ramble

"Nat..." He laughs "Natasha, look me in the eyes and tell me that you see any hatred. Any pain. Anything other than being happy you're back."

I look into his grey-blue eyes as he starts to finish the bandage. I start to sigh as he brings his other hand up to my face and wipes away a stray tear on my cheek.

"I love you and I always will love you. But I can't help you if you believe that I hate you." He starts to say as he keeps eye contact with me

I look at him before I look down at the ground and I hear him chuckle.

"I know we will definitely need to work out what we are but until then, I just want you to know that I am here and I always will be." He says

I look at him then lean over and place a gentle kiss to his cheek as he smiles.

"Thanks for letting me steal the shirt," I say

He smiles as he leans backwards and grabs it then hands it to me.

"It's one of my plain black ones." He says "I know you like to keep things simple."

I smile as I take it out of his hands and watch as he stands up and starts to head back towards the door. I smile as he opens it and starts to walk out.

"I'll see you at dinner." He says

I watch as he walks towards the lounge as I shut my door and I throw his shirt on over my head and walk towards the now shattered mirror. I turn to see how big the shirt in on me before I quickly tie a knot of the side of the shirt and call it good before heading out towards the lounge.