Twenty

-Keith-

I bring the Red Lion to the pit before hurrying, running towards the control room. I run in to see everyone stand around the screens. I see Nat holding a wet rag to her lip before looking up and smiling.

"Speak of the devil, there he is." She laughs

"Did I miss something important?" I ask

"Not yet. We were just discussing what happened between Lotor and me." Nat laughs

"You ran into him?" I ask

"Yeah. He tried to use you and Matt against me." She laughs again before looking towards Shiro

"How did you get away this time?" I ask

"Shiro blasted the ship." Pidge laughs

I look at Shiro as he shrugs before looking towards Nat then back at me.

"I think I am going to go train for a bit while you guys catch up," Nat says

I watch as she walks past me, walking out of the room. I look at the others before walking over to the table.

"What did I miss?" I ask

"Lotor told her..." Shiro says

"Told her what?" I question

"You being half Galra. You haven't told her yet." Lance says

"No, I haven't. We haven't had the time to talk about it. Is that why she's acting so funny around me?" I ask

"It would explain it." Shiro says "She's hurt that you didn't tell her as soon as you could. Before she came back, Lotor mentioned something about you being like him but she didn't want to believe it because you hadn't given her a reason to doubt that you were 100% human."

"So I screwed things up even more between us?..." I start

"I wouldn't go that far, not yet at least," Allura says

"She's giving you an opportunity to tell her before she blows up on you." Pidge says "That's why she went to go train."

"To think of a way to bring it up without her getting mad," I conclude

"That would be our best guess." Shiro says "We thought you had told her shortly after we found out about her."

"I didn't think that it was the best time at that moment." I nervously laugh

Everybody looks at me before shaking their head and shrugging. I groan before turning on my heel, heading out the door, needing to go to the training room.

"Oh, by the way, Lance, I'm not finished with you," I say

"I was hoping you forgot." Lance laughs

"You really thought that he would forget about you going in with his girlfriend." Shiro laughs

"She's not my girlfriend!" I yell back "Not officially at least!"

I hear them all start to laugh before the door shuts behind me. I shrug before walking towards the training room. I watch as the door opens and I see Nat swinging her bayard with her left hand.

"Before we talk, please put the bayard away." I start "I don't want to be killed by you yet."

She looks back before shutting the program down and gently setting her bayard on the table.

"What do you want to talk about?" She asks, folding her arms

"About me not telling you about me being half Galra like I should've..." I answer

She looks at me before nodding, staying where she is as she watches me.

"I know I should've told you when you first told me about Lotor." I ramble "I just didn't know what he had done to you and I wasn't sure if I was ready to tell you. I knew you were in a bad mental spot and I didn't want to make it worse."

"Keith, that would've been important information for me to know. You don't know what Lotor told me before I left." She yells "He tried to warn me about you being dangerous because of you being half Galra!"

She looks at me before taking a deep breath.

"I kept fighting this gut feeling that Lotor was right about something because I thought I knew you!" Nat yells

"You do know me!" I defend "Just because I'm half Galra doesn't mean that I've changed! I'm still me!"

"Yeah? You would never hide things like this from me back at home." She says "You promised no more secrets."

"I didn't know when to tell you! I was going to tell you but I didn't know how!" I yell "What do you expect me to do? Just come out randomly and be like, "oh yeah, while you were gone, I found out that I was half Galra." No! Cause I wanted to make sure you were okay before I dumped that on you."

"It wouldn't be "dumping" anything on me. I'm in the same damn boat! I'm related to the monster that is trying to take over!" She yells

"Wait..." I start "You're related to Zarkon?"

"Yeah, just found that out when we got the information." She says

"And you weren't going to tell me?" I ask

"I was after we had this talk." She starts "But look where that got us. Into another fight."

I look at her before she rolls her eyes.

"Everybody told me about you helping the Blade, I think that's great." She starts "But it's going to cause more secrets and I can't do that if we are going to be more than what we were."

I look at her before agreeing with her.

"You're right. It's probably best that we aren't in a relationship while I'm with the Blade, you never know if I'm going to make it." I say

She looks at me before nodding, she grabs her bayard before walking out, heading towards her room.

I sigh before turning on my heel, walking towards my room to do some thinking before we all meet up again.

Is this really what we need? Another break?

I shake the thought out of my head before looking at myself in the mirror. I look over to Kolivan appear on a screen with a simple nod.

"I'm on my way," I say

I grab my knife before heading out towards the control room.

"I'm leaving." I say "They need me for another mission."

"Figured you would." Shiro says "You're not one to sit around. Just be back for the mission."

"The retrieval?" I ask

"Yes. We're finalizing it soon and you need to be here. You're her backup." Shiro says "You two are the only two that can get on that ship."

"I'll be back. I promise." I say before heading out