43. Convergence (I)

All four of the summoned heroes gathered under Prince Levi's instruction. They brought their beasts along too.

Cerberus's appearance left the other three heroes feeling both stupefied and envious not only that but even their canicus wolves showed fear or perhaps reverence towards Cerberus as they did for Artemis.

On the other hand Artemis had his pride hurt when he saw Cerberus, he challenged Cerberus, got reprimanded by Levi and ended up sulking the rest of the day.

They began the final part of their journey. Artemis, Bada, Aris and Zephyr moved above ground whilst Kim Jaehyun instructed Cerberus to just go around any villages they came across when moving on ground.

Despite him moving on ground, Cerberus didn't lose in speed at all and was practically right alongside Artemis, further wounding his pride.

It didn't take them too long before they arrived in the village of Tohunn.

The canicus wolves landed at its entrance, allowing the three riders to dismount.

Prince Levi jumped off of Artemis back while he was still in the air and as he did so he said, "Temis, hide yourself."

Artemis' body flashed the colour gold as it rapidly morphed into a ball of light and then zipped towards Levi's chest where it disappeared upon impact.

A similar phenomenon occurred with Cerberus at Kim Jaehyun's behest.

"Let the Canicae stay here since they cannot hide themselves, we'll move on foot for now. I'll get rooms for us at an inn so you can settle and then immediately we enter Ifvnar," Prince Levi spoke as he led them towards the small gates where two guards were standing.

Prince Levi showed them the royal seal he carried and told them not to announce his arrival, after which he also told the guards, "a bigger squad of elite knights are following behind us, they'll be led by a man named Riven Hunter, let them through immediately but make no mention of their arrival," Prince Levi had used spirit to make sure the four people behind him didn't hear his words.

"Understood your highness!" The guards responded in unison, then Prince walked through the gates, pulling his cloaks hood down to hide his face.

To ensure their travel remained unnoticed, he told Kim Jaehyun and the others to dress accordingly, they all wore simple clothes that wouldn't make them standout from the crowd.

They entered the village and found it was relatively quiet, everyone was going about their business with few children running around and old people sitting on stools outside their wooden houses watching them.

There were also hunters looking like they were just about ready to set out since the day had just began.

A small well stood at the centre, it's looked like it was the oldest thing in the entirety of the village yet there were people gathered around it waiting their turn to fetch water.

The atmosphere in the village was calm, not what you'd expect from a village that was right next to the 'poison forest'.

As they walked, one of the children that was running around bumped into Prince Levi, who then squatted down to see if he was alright since the child fell back.

The little boy looked up, when he saw Levi's face his eyes widened and then he ran away crying.

Prince Levi was stunned and perhaps a bit offended.

Kim Jaehyun who witnessed this felt the scene was familiar, he heard Cerberus speak in his mind, Master isn't that the same as your memories, only that child is much slower than your deceased companion.