Chapter 1. Into Bayverse

My pen is suspended above the blank sheet of paper. Still, even after fifteen minutes. I lowered my hand and sucked in a breath, turning away from my desk. I don't have any inspiration or motivation. I slowly got up and sat down on my bed, rubbing my cat's head. His gold looking eyes looked up while rolled on his back and allowed me to give him a belly rub. His purring filled the room and so did my phone as it went off. I slid off my bed and grabbed my phone. "Mom?" I asked, fiddling with my shirt as I waited for a response. "I am at the grocery store, anything you'd like me to take for lunch?" she asked. "Uhm..." was my response while I watched my cat stretch and curl up again.

"Could you take a baguette?" I asked. "Yes, can you ask your brothers what they want?" she asked. I hummed and left my room. The moment I left my room, I heard Jazz meowing and followed me to my younger brother's room next to mine. "Liam? Mom asks what you want to have for lunch," I said as I came in without knocking. Usually, he doesn't like it if I just burst into his room like this, but today he didn't care for some odd reason. He turned around and removed his headphones while pausing his game. "I don't really mind... a croissant?" he asked. I nodded and turned around, "he wants a croissant," I replied and walked over Chase's room and Lexi's room to ask them what they wanted for lunch before I disconnected the call and settled back behind my desk and picked up the pen.

I managed to write a little bit, it's my life but lately I suffered from writer's block, which annoyed me a lot. I wanted to write, but I had no inspiration. Maybe because of the things that are bothering me lately. I sucked in a breath again and looked at the poster I had in my room from the twins. By far my favorite Autobots of all time. I bit my lip as I studied the details from the poster. I jolted a little when Chase nearly screamed my name as if I wasn't able to hear him. I got up again and headed down for lunch.

Our family consists of quite a few family members. A younger sister and two brothers, my father and mother. It can be quite busy at times, but nevertheless, I liked the big family. I liked my life how it is for so far, but... there's something on my mind that keeps bothering me. I graduated from school then what? I don't know what to do with my life, I want to, but I haven't found anything I would love to do for the rest of my life. Of course my mom wants me to pick something, but it's hard. Still not sure even after my choice and that saddens me a little bit. I had to rush, and pick something but I don't know if I really like it or not.

I helped my mom clean up and headed back upstairs, settled back behind my desk and picked up my pen. It didn't take long before I was called downstairs once again. I knew exactly what this was about. "Please, Sky, sit down," my mom said while she grabbed her Ipad off the couch and settled beside me. "Have you read the emails?" she asked. I bit my lip and gazed at her. "No... partly," I replied honestly. She glanced at me before she unlocked her Ipad and shove it closer towards me. I sucked in a breath, "why not?" she asked. What am I supposed to answer? Because I don't like it? Because I am afraid I made a mistake?

"I don't know..." I decided to reply and keep my thoughts for myself. If I could choose, I would take a break for a year and travel all around the globe. My mom used to tell me she doesn't like it. I am isolating myself from the others, but to be fair, I want to escape too. I want to go out there, but then what? She will never allow me to travel on my own, too dangerous. I bit my lip and smiled a little at exploring the unknown countries. Money plays a role too, I fear. I don't have enough money to go on a road trip. I shrugged it off and focussed on where I was right now, in the living room, with my mom looking at the emails I had sent her too and didn't read.

Stupid of course, I know she wants me to do this. She wasn't happy either with the replies I gave her. "Don't you think it's important to read it?" she asked grimly. "Yeah... it is," I mumbled. I read the text briefly, just to know what it was about and straightened my back. She got up and left me sitting here, that is 'the' sign she's mad at me for not reading the Emails sooner. Especially when she figured out I haven't even activated my account yet. Stupid of course now I think about it, I should have done something. I could have predicted this situation.