Chapter 17. Yellow twin

It's been a quite emotional rollercoaster for Sideswipe already but now he was close of reuniting with his brother, he was barely able to hide his excitement. His doorwings started to tremble as we got deeper into the woods. He hadn't been talking at all and kept looking ahead of him. In the distance, far ahead of on a plain field, was a barn. A very old one.

"He might rest in there..." I gave a small nod and Sideswipe started to speed up. I tried not to think about how high above the ground I am as he sped up to a dangerous speed. I grasped his armor, tightly. As he slowed down, Sideswipe was only yards away from the old barn.

He placed me on the ground and told me to stay put. He neared the barn and he looked at me to say something, but never got the change. The roof of the barn collapsed as I large yellow frame jumped out of the barn and lunged for Sideswipe with a battle cry. My eyes widened in shock as it happened. Sideswipe let out a scream in agony and collapsed. "Brother! It's me!"

I anxiously waited for a next move. Sunstreaker narrowed his optics before he started to realize who he had pinned down and scared to death. His engine purred while he lowered his face and nuzzled in his twins neck. Absolutely adorable to see them like this. Even more then I imagined. Sideswipe hugged him back and started talking in Cybertronian. Both brothers were quite emotional. They haven't seen each other for centuries.

"Sunny..."
Sideswipe softly pushed his brother aside. "I'd like you to meet someone. My charge, it's a long story what happened, but... this is Skylar."
Sunstreaker turned his helm to look at me. His icy blue optics narrowed and some steam emerged from his nose. "Sunny, be nice..." his twin warned. Sunstreaker hovered over me and I felt a little threatened and intimidated by him. "Well, well... a human."

He touched me with his digit. "Hi... nice to finally meet you," I mumbled. He glanced at his brother for an explanation. "She knew where you was. She's not from our dimension. To keep it short, the space bridge Que restored exploded but apparently opened a portal to another dimension. That's how she and her siblings ended up here. Optimus assigned me to look after her because she knows a lot about us."

"Really? Is that right, human?"
I gave a small nod and stepped back a little bit. The steam emerging from his nose fanned down my body. "Hmm, well... I appreciate the fact you led my brother to me," he said. I assumed that's his way of saying 'thank you' and it surprised me he was so kind to me. "Not much of a talker, huh?"

"I think she feels a little intimidated by you, brother."
The yellow mech hoisted himself up. "Let's find a better place to stay for the night, okay?" Sideswipe questioned as he picked me up. "I will follow you. My navigation systems are down."
Sideswipe nodded, and transformed around me. "Overwhelmed?" He asked. "Little bit, yes," I breathed. Sideswipe nudged my side. I smiled a little bit and he drove towards the road.

He found a motel where we stayed over for the night.
After I had showered, I headed back into the room. The brothers looked up and stopped their conversation. Sunstreaker's holoform was amazing. Just like Sideswipe. Sunny is just a few inches bigger then his twin, blonde hair and his eyes were icy blue.

He eyed me for a moment. I felt a little awkward under their gaze. Like I was interrupting something important. "Lay down, human."
I slowly obeyed and laid down and curled up. "Goodnight." Sideswipe approached and smiled at me, kissing my cheek. "Goodnight, sweetspark." I wouldn't say something intimate happened between us the other night. I still can't believe it.

Sideswipe settled with Sunny on the couch to chat and share stories of the last few years over their bond. I fell asleep quickly and was awoken by Sideswipe the next following days. "Wake up, Sky."
I looked up. Both brothers were ready to go. I slid out of bed and quickly did my daily routine. "You're so slow," Sunstreaker complained sulkily. I flashed him a smile, "ten minutes... that's quite fast for a girl."

He rolled his eyes and brushed a lost strand from my face. "Just hurry, human!" He mocked. I turned around and walked up to Sideswipe. "Finally!" He mocked. I nudged his side, and it caused Sideswipe to jolt. "Get in the car!"

I hopped in and he drove off. An hour later, we made a stop to get some food. Sideswipe couldn't hear my rumbling stomach anymore. He stopped at a restaurant next the highway, La Place.
I got some food and so did they and settled right in front of me. I popped some food in my mouth and I felt their gaze burning holes. "Why are you staring?" I asked. "Just watching you eat. That's all," Sunstreaker muttered.

"Ohh."
I popped some food in my mouth again, uncomfortable. They were still watching me. I felt Sideswipe rub his feet against my leg. Probably a gesture to make me a little bit more comfortable.
Sunstreaker was awkwardly quiet, as if he didn't want to talk. So, Sideswipe and I chatted quite a lot, but I felt bad for Sunstreaker because he was just sitting there. "So, you escaped, huh?" I asked to interfere with him as well.

"Yes."
"Are you long on earth."
"No."
"You like earth."
"No."
"Are you excited to Prime."
"No."

"Sunny, she's trying to have a conversation with you!" Sideswipe mocked and nudged his flank. Sunstreaker rolled his eyes. "Don't mind him, he's just being an ass."
I flashed him a fake smile and looked at Sunstreaker again. So he's hard to impress, I could have known and obviously didn't trust me.