Chapter 2. A new beginning

Ratchet patched us up, checked Chase as well and dismissed us. Ironhide was the one to wait for us and show us around a little bit. I bite my lip, honestly, now I am here, why not ask if I can meet Sideswipe? Maybe Sunstreaker if he arrived on earth. "Ironhide?" I asked. He turned to look at me, "what is it, kid?" he asked. "Is Sideswipe at the base?" I asked. My brother rolled his eyes, "of course you had to ask, huh?" he mocked. I nudged his side, "you will meet him... don't worry about that. He's out for a mission but should be back any moment," he replied. I nodded and shot Chase a nasty glare. "You like him?" Ironhide asked. "I think he's funny," I replied. Ironhide started laughing, "you will probably change your mind about that, Skylar," he mocked.

"So, in real life he's not a prankster?" I mocked. "He is... and he likes newbies. He likes to mess with them," he added. "So do you," I replied. Ironhide looked at me again, "true," he replied. He walked into the cafeteria and handed us some food. "So, no idea where your parents can be?" he asked. "We searched for them... but without success," Chase replied before popping some food in his mouth. "How long are you on earth?" I asked. Ironhide sighed and leaned back,–– fiddling with a knife in the meantime. "Ten years..." he replied. I hummed and ate my food while talking to Ironhide in the meantime.

As we finished, Ironhide showed us around and led us straight through the training room, towards the Autobot hanger. "You'd like to see Sideswipe, wouldn't you?" he asked. I nodded and followed his gaze. In the corner a beautiful silvery Corvette Stingray 2009 was parked. Shining and not a single dent. We walked downstairs, towards the sports car. "Sideswipe, you have visitors," Ironhide called out. Sideswipe's holoform appeared next to his car, looking at me and Chase. "You brought friends? My age friends," he said and walked up to us. He was handsome, 6'3 ft tall, eight-pack, nice thighs and biceps. Fair skin, ocean blue eyes, silky dark brown hair, his face was shaved and he was nicely dressed in a skin tight shirt, black ripped skinny jeans and a leg holster, with a knife and gun in it.

My heart started to beat faster. "Nice to meet you... I am Chase and this is my sister, Skylar," Chase said as he noticed my state. "Hmm, I am Sideswipe, but Ironhide already told you two... anyway's what are you guys doing here?" he asked curiously. "Sort of lost... we are from another dimension and somehow ended up here, Optimus still has to tell us what he thinks happened," Chase replied. He hummed and looked at me again. "Can you keep an eye on them for a second?" Ironhide asked. Sideswipe nodded, "yeah, no problem," he said and waved him away.

"I think you need to sit down for a moment," Sideswipe chuckled as he sat me down on his hood. "She likes you... you're her idol," Chase said and shrugged. "Oh, I got fans?" Sideswipe jokes. I glared at Chase for a moment, "Oh, yes you have at least one. She got posters and you know... pillows," Chase taunted. I blushed at that and looked down for a moment. "Ah, don't get shy on me now, I get it... how can you not like me?" Sideswipe grinned. I grunted and looked away for a moment. "Anyway? What happened?" Sideswipe asked. "We don't know either, we just ended up here," Chase replied. I haven't even had the opportunity to talk to Sideswipe. Nothing came out of my mouth to my utter frustration.

"Hmm, I think I know what happened, but Optimus can explain it better than me," Sideswipe said as he crossed his arms. "Is your twin on earth?" I asked. The first question I was able to ask him. "My twin? No, not yet but he will be soon. I can feel him getting closer everyday," he said. "Throughout the bond..." I replied. Sideswipe nodded quietly, "in our universe, you are a story. You have your own comic... on how you came to earth. Sunstreaker has one too," I added. "Really?" Sideswipe sounded excited. "Yeah, but Sunstreaker's story is a bit sad. I hope it's not true," I replied. Sideswipe cocked his head to the side. "What do you mean?" he asked.

I opened my mouth to explain, but Ironhide came back. "We need to go... thank you, Sideswipe," Ironhide said and pushed the silvery twin aside. "Wait! She was just about to––" Sideswipe was cut off. "No, Sideswipe. You get another chance to talk to her later today," Ironhide said as he jabbed his finger in the center of his chest and took us to the meeting room. Both Optimus and Lennox were waiting for us. I assumed the third person was Prowl. "Sir," I greeted as I shook Lennox's hand. "Nice to meet you both," he replied. "Major William Lennox," he introduced.