Chapter 14. Journey

I opened my eyes and was welcomed with the sight of Skylar wandering around frantically. "Heya, Skylar? What's the matter with you?" I asked. "You need to get up, Sides. We are leaving," she said. I sat up straight, "leaving?" I asked. She nodded and started to stuff some things in a backpack. I watched her, "it's six O'clock. Too early for me to get up!"

She threw me clothing. "Sideswipe, I have a plan. You want to find your twin, right?" I nodded. "Yeah, of course I want to find my twin," I mumbled. "I'm about two weeks, we are going back to where I came from. Before the , I want find your twin brother. It's important for me that I help you with it, Sideswipe."

I bit my lip. She seemed to be confident about it and somewhere it's cute and sweet she's so determined to help me find my brother. "Come on, let's go!"
I dressed up and headed for the hanger. "What about your mother?" I asked. "Doesn't matter. She can rule over my life again when we are back. Here I make my own choices," she said as she opened my trunk and threw the bag inside.

"Can I drive, Sideswipe?"

I raised a brow as I held my door. "Really? You want to drive?" I asked a little insecure. "Yes, I have my drive licenses and you can correct me easily if I do something wrong," I said. "I don't know..."
"I had driven a sports car before," she said and pushed me aside. How can I say no to her? Nearly impossible. I hopped in the passenger side and buckled up. Little tensed, I watched her start my engine and drive off. "Watch it for my mirrors..."

"Be careful when you hit the road—"

She gave me a look. "Just saying." She hummed and rolled her eyes before leaving the base and sped up. She definitely knew where she wanted to go. "You'd like to include me in that little plan of yours?" I asked. She smiled mischievously, "it's but of a long drive... but we are looking for a special organization called Machination. They have offices in Dallas, Texas, laboratories in Tampa, Florida, and an operation base in Detroit. You're twin is kept at one of these labs. We need to intercept before they separate his head from his body."

"They want to decapitate him? Kill him?"
"No, he's a test subject. We are heading for Tampa, Florida." I shivered and bit my nails anxiously. "You think he'll be okay? Do you think he will be there already?" I asked. "Look, I can't say it for sure. According to the comics he'll be there..."

She grasped my hand. "It's gonna be fine. We will find your twin and make sure he doesn't get harmed!" I reached  out for her and kissed her cheek. "Thank you."
She shrugged and sped up.
We said nothing for a good ten minutes and I didn't like it. "If you had the choice, would you stay?" I asked. "Haven't you asked me that question before?" She glanced briefly at me. I shrugged my shoulders, "well, I'd like to ask you again."

She hummed, "well, if I had a choice, then I would probably stay, but it's impossible. My parents would never approve, I don't think Mearing would approve either and... you are fighting a war. You have no time to look after me."
I snorted, "that's not true! I do have time to look after you and Sam has Bumblebee, so why can't I have you?"

"If it was your choice. If you had to decide rather I stay or not, what would you say?" She questioned. "Tricky question," I joked. She rolled her beautiful blue eyes. "I would probably make you stay. I would do everything to keep you here in this universe."
She blushed a little, "really? You want me to stay?" I asked. "Yeah, I would," I murmured. She flashed me a smile.

After four hours, Skylar became tired, so we switched but first she needed some food. I know she's starving. We settled in a highway restaurant and ate our breakfast in silence. Until my phone rang. "It's Optimus."
I picked up, "prime." I leaned back in the chair. "Where are you, Sideswipe? He asked. "I am... North Carolina."
There was a silence, "why, Sideswipe?"

"Because, we have a clue where my brother is."
"We? Skylar is with you?" Optimus asked a little angered. "Yes, she'll be fine! Promise."
"You can't just take her, Sideswipe!"
"I know, I know. It was her idea so why would I leave her behind?"

"Bring her back, Sideswipe. You have a responsibility."
"I am sorry, Prime. I can't, she knows where my brother is and who's behind it. They have really bad intentions, they are going to hurt him. We maybe can reach those humans before they will hurt him."
"If you'd like where we are going, Tampa in Florida. That's our designation. No one else knows more about this than Skylar."

"I will do whatever it takes to get him back."

I disconnected the call and looked at Skylar. "You think they will come after you?" I asked. "Most likely, but... who cares. I want my twin back," I stated. She hummed and took a sip. A shiver ran down my spine as I watched. So elegant and sexy, especially with that look in her eyes. It just gave me the chills. "Why that look, Sideswipe?" She purred. "What do you mean?" I asked cooly.

"You shivered... I saw it!"
I grunted and rolled my eyes. "That's absolutely ridiculous. It's maybe a little chilly, but what else could it be?" I asked. I watched her stare at me, "you're a pervert, Sideswipe," she deadpanned. "What?! Why!" I huffed and crossed my arms. "You don't know how males work, their mind is unpredictable."
"Your mind is pretty predictable, Swipey. It's rather food, sleep or pranking." I gave her a look, "still dread that nickname for starter, second of all, you can't keep track of my mind. I am just too funny and unpredictable for that."

She hummed and smirked a little. "Females like you... are predictable!" I mocked. "How's that, Siders?"
"You guys are so... emotional. You're or on your period and be cranky or it's the mech his fault," I stated. "Both are true, except the fact, we are not guys."
"Anyway, let's hurry. You need to use the bathroom?" I asked. She nodded and we got up.

I was waiting for her at the door, many females came out but not Skylar. I started to get impatient and walked in. A few toilets were occupied. I knew which one was Skylar due of her shoes and sneaked into the empty toilet beside her. I locked the door, put the toilet seat down and climbed on it. "Are you done?"

"Sideswipe!" she squeaked and threw the toilet roll at me, which I ditched. "Honestly, why is it taking so long? Are you having a shit!" I teased. "No! I am on my period you punk! Go! Leave me alone!" She snapped. "You need anything?" I asked. "Yes, I want you to leave!" She snapped.

"Ah, right. So you can bleed right here?" I mocked and reached for my pocket. "Got some tampons. Big, bigger or biggest?" I asked. "Just give them to me."
"I thought you didn't need it, you wanted me to leave, isn't it?" I mocked. She shot me a dead glare. If her eyes were able to kill me, I would be dead by now. I chuckled and stretched my arm out, handing her the tampons. "Now! Leave me alone!"

I chuckled and quickly left as I got more angry comments from females. "Sorry, girls."
I sneaked out and decided to wait near my alt-more. I am quite sure Skylar isn't happy with me right now. However, she's on her period, she'll be cranky anyway.

I flashed her an innocent smile as I spotted her. On my Primus, she is pissed off. "You are an absolute jackass! What the hell is wrong with you, Sideswipe!" She snapped and jabbed her finger in the center of my chest. "I only tried to help... I had tampons, wasn't it?" I joked. I flinched as she slapped me. "Okay, okay, not funny."

"Honestly, I was just impatient and it took you so long. I started to believe you flushed yourself through the toilet. Okay, fine... I am sorry for breaking your privacy if it's such a big deal for you... but, without me... you would be leaking blood by now."
She narrowed her eyes at me. "I could have solved it my own way, Sideswipe!" She snarled. "Okay, okay... I get the point. Hop in then we can continue driving. Still a long day ahead of us."

She huffed and hopped in. "Oh dear Primus help me..."