Chapter 21. Asking for a dance

"You'd like to talk about your eruption?"

Sideswipe looked at me as he came in and shut the door behind him. "I don't know what you're talking about," he sulked. Sunstreaker looked from me at his brother and back at me. "I think you know what she's talking about, Sideswipe." The silvery twin rolled his eyes, "no one asked you a damn thing!" he snapped as he removed his leg holster. I laid my head back down on Sunstreaker's shoulder.  "No, true... but you're acting strange lately."

"Maybe you're the cause of it..." Sideswipe sulked. "The cause of it? How?" Sunstreaker scoffed. I laid down on my back as Sunstreaker freed himself from me and sat up straight. "Well, since you are here... Skylar isn't spending time with me anymore..." he trailed off. I looked back at Sunstreaker to his reaction. "Okay, so... you are jealous, isn't it?" he mocked. "I am not jealous, Sunstreaker!" he snapped and turned away from us.

"It's actually quite hard to believe considering how childish you are acting right, Sideswipe."
Sideswipe snorted, obviously insulted by his brother's statement. "Come on, guys... no need to argue and fight. C'mere, Sideswipe." I patted the spot beside me. He removed his clothing until he only wore his boxers like his twin and laid beside me on the other side. "More things that are bothering you?" I mumbled as I wrapped my arm around him and pulled him closer.

"Que said he's nearly done with repairing the space bridge, Sky... means you have to leave soon." I kissed his head. "And instead you are arguing with me? Wasting your precious time with her?" Sunstreaker snapped as he laid down and shut the light next to him. Sideswipe didn't reply and looked at me, "almost done as in...?"

"In about two days..."
It was hard for me to realize I am going to leave soon. Especially because Sideswipe became an important part of my life. I snuggled into him and closed my eyes. I don't want to leave, I don't want to leave the twins behind and go back to a boring life. With this feeling, I fell asleep and woke up. Two days is all I have with Sideswipe and even if I leave, the memories of us will stay forever.

Waking up, it was just Sideswipe and me. I doubted Sunstreaker had any duties and maybe wanted to give us some time together. I looked up and rubbed Sideswipe's handsome face. He opened his eyes and they focussed on me. "Hi..." he mumbled and pressed a kiss on my forehead. "No Sunny?" he asked. I shrugged and looked at the empty spot beside me. "Nope..."

He hummed and kissed my cheek again. "You are beautiful, Skylar... you know that?" he asked. I smiled and blushed a little bit. "We don't have much time with you left... but I really want that dance with you. Would you like to have a dance with me?" he asked. "I am not good at dancing," I mumbled. "Doesn't matter... I want to dance with you."

"Alright... when? Where?" I asked. "Tonight..." he stated. I nodded and got up. "That long green dress... The one I bought for you?" he asked. I nodded, "this is the moment I would like you to wear it..." he said. "I will..." I mumbled as I rubbed over his cheek and collected my clothes. "10 PM... don't be late," he said. "I won't... promise," I mumbled.

I was quite excited for tonight. Sideswipe had obviously planned something for tonight, he was occupied all day and even Ironhide wasn't sure what he was up to.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
I skated over to the medic and tapped on his shoulder. "Sideswipe... what's the matter?" he asked. "I need your help with something..." I said. He raised an optic ridge, "with what?" he asked. "I made Skylar this locker of my armor..." I grabbed it from my subspace and showed him. "I even engraved the first letter of our names in it... but now I want to put something in it... A small piece of my spark. Just a tiny bit, so she will always have a part of me."

Ratchet looked at the locker, "You are getting romantic," he muttered. "Maybe... but I like her. Enough to give her my spark, to let her know that she will always be cherished in my spark and mind and that I will miss her to death. I don't have much longer to spend with her and I want to give this tonight. Can you help me with this?"

Ratchet gave a small nod, "I can... if it makes you happy, I can manage it," he mumbled. I smiled and nodded, "Thank you, Ratchet. It really means a lot to me," I mumbled. Ratchet sighed and gestured me to follow him to the medbay. "Does your twin know?" he asked on the way. "No, he doesn't know. I just want to do this on my own. Skylar is still my charge and I know much longer than my twin."

((Skylar's P.O.V))
Ten O'clock hit the moment I walked over to the hanger. I had curled my hair, added make-up, and pulled on the green dress Sideswipe bought me a while ago. As I strode into the hanger, the light was dimmed in a quite romantic way and his alt-mode was parked in the middle. "You look pretty," he murmured, walking over to me. Sideswipe looked handsome himself too, with his black jeans, a white blouse tugged in his pants and the sleeves rolled up a little bit.

"So do you..." I said as I halted. "I have a dance, I can't show up in just 'normal' clothing, huh?" he asked, wrapping his arm around my waist. "Let's try not to think about tomorrow, okay?" he asked. I nodded and watched him offer me his hand. "Can I have this dance with you?" he asked smugly. I nodded and took his hand, allowing him to grab me the way he wanted.

Some soft music played over the boxes of his alt-mode as he led me around. He helped me fix some mistakes but I got it right after a couple of songs. I recognized the third song, thousand years. We locked eyes for a moment and forgot everything around me, where I was, what was going to happen tomorrow. I had only eye for Sideswipe. "I never met someone like you..."

I smiled a little, "same, I never met a guy who's so sweet and gentle as you. There's no one who is ever to replace you, Sideswipe." He smiled a little and pressed his forehead against mine as he led me around the room. At the end of the song, I was resting my head on his shoulder and he rested his chin on top of my head. I never wanted the song to end.

We danced all evening until around midnight, Sideswipe stepped back and he grabbed something from his alt-mode. "I have something for you... I made you something," he said as he showed me a locker in the shake of a heart. "This heart is made from my armor... it has the first letters of our name engraved on it. Inside this locker... is a piece of my spark. So no matter where you go, you will always have a piece of me, and if you feel lonely, sad, angry, or upset about anything... I am still sort of with you."

I felt my eyes getting teary. "That's so... sweet."
He flashed me a smile and attached the necklace around my neck. He spun me around and caught me in his arms, brushing some tears off my face. "Don't cry... or you make me cry too."
I flashed him a smile, "meeting you was the best day of my life. I want to stay so badly..." he smiled at me. "I wish you could stay too..."

I hugged him and nuzzled in his chest. I wish this could last forever...