Chapter 36. When things get ugly

The twins were fighting. Not with words. I was trying to get between them but I didn't succeed. Sideswipe had thrown Sunstreaker off the stairs and Sunstreaker had smashed Sideswipe through the window. It's not the first time but I hoped that once they calmed down, things would be settled. Sunstreaker snitched a clever from the knife block in the kitchen and tried to his his brother with it. Sideswipe grabbed his gun and aimed it on Sunstreaker. They spoke in Cybertronian before Sideswipe fired, hitting Sunstreaker twice.

They can be so cute together but if things get ugly...

'Twins!' I shouted. 'She's mine!' Sideswipe roared. Sunstreaker hit Sideswipe with cleaver, leaving a deep nasty cut over his ribs. I decided to go upstairs and shut the doors. They're going to badly injure each other. I called Optimus. He may be the only one who can stop this. 'Skylar?'

'I need your help. The twins are killing each other. I can't stop them.' I flinched as I heard Sunstreaker roar and probably smash his brother through a window again. 'I'll be there,' was all Optimus said before disconnecting the call. I sighed and waited.

He arrived fifteen minutes later with Ironhide and Ratchet. I let them in and watched them. Ironhide tightly grabbed Sunstreaker and pinned him down, cuffing his hands together and Ratchet did the same. Both were still so furious that they were pulling off a fight. 'Enough,' Optimus shouted. 'What is the matter with you two!' He spat. 'How many times do we need to pull you two apart?' Ironhide snapped. Sideswipe growled in anger, glaring at his twin. They will continue fighting if Optimus decide to release them. 'Don't you see Skylar is horrified?' They glanced at me. 'This isn't about you two, this about her as well,' Optimus snarled.

'I am sorry,' Sideswipe mumbled. I snorted and turned my head away. 'Skylar,' Sunstreaker called out. Honestly, I am done with them. Optimus can take them. 'I am done with you two. I don't want to see you again!' I sneered. 'Sweetspark please... I am sorry—' I raised my hand to silence them and walked upstairs, slamming the door shut. I am truly agitated but the fact they keep fighting each other. It hurt at the same time. I love them, but u can't keep doing this.

((Sideswipe's P.O.V))
Despite my protests, we were taken to the base. Optimus had thrown us in the brig with at least four cells between us. I sat down against the wall, staring at the bars in front of me. I screwed up. I can't live without Skylar. I love her and I want her. Why am I so blind? I buried my face in my knees. 'It's all your fault.' I heard my brother's voice say further away but ignored. 'If you just let me have her none of this would have happened...' he added. I turned off my audio and shut my optics. I felt miserable but I can only imagine that Skylar feels absolutely wrecked and upset. First time I really like a female and it's all screwed up.

After a few hours, a shadow fell upon me. Optimus. I turned up the volume of my audio. 'I want to talk to you,' he said and opened the cell. Sunstreaker pacing along the bars, obviously angered. Steam escaped from his nose. There's no change you can talk to him in this state. He'll attempt to kill me right away as soon as the cell door opens.

Optimus took me upstairs and told me to sit down in the storage room so we could talk in private. 'Talk to me, Sideswipe. What is the main reason that you two are fighting each other constantly?' He asked. 'I offered Skylar something. I love her and I want to be with her... it's just... she's human and dies sooner. Unless we bond. I explained to her the four stages and she agreed, but then Sunstreaker stepped into her life and is making it very hard for me to bond. If she bonds with me, she's bonded with him as well so I don't see the problem. I guess he feels second and wants to the first one to frag her. That's the main issue I guess.'

'But you want to bond with her so he can't. What does Skylar say about this all?' He asked. 'She's scared of what Sunstreaker might to do to her. She's in the middle and doesn't know which side to chose. She knows she can't please us both... that's why she wants distance,' I said. Optimus sighed and sat down as well. 'You know how dangerous and dominant Sunstreaker is. I tried to talk to him normally but he got so mad. He attacked me.'

'I give you permission to talk to her, but only if she wants,' he stated. I sighed in relief. 'Go to Ratchet first,' he said and dismissed me. Ratchet stitched my holoform and the next day, I visited her. I waited for her parents to leave before knocking on the door. She opened and snorted. 'Stop, baby—' I quickly walked inside. 'Can you please listen to me?' I asked. She crossed her arms. 'Look, I intended to talk to Sunstreaker. I didn't want to fight. He attacked me.'

'You didn't stop either and this is not the first time,' she spat. 'I know.' I tried to touched her face but she turned around. 'Can you please forgive me?' I asked. She snorted, marching into the living room. 'You're an big asshole,' she snapped. I wrapped my arms around her waist and pulled her against my chest. 'I love you.'

She sighed softly. 'Can you give me a change?' I mumbled. 'I have given you a change, Sideswipe,' she said. 'Please don't do this...' She looked away. 'Babe.' I turned her head. 'I am sorry,' I whispered. She snorted and looked away from me again. 'Maybe it's better if you go,' she said and freed herself from me. 'Skylar please... I am begging you. I can't lose you... I am crazy about you. I know I was a Jack ass and this is partly my fault. Let me make it up to you. I will do everything you want from me.'

She glanced at me. 'I want you to leave.'
'For how long?' I asked. 'Forever.' That word kept echoing through my mind and made me woozy. 'Forever?' I repeated. 'It's not going to work out... it probably hurts you just as much as it hurts me but... it is the way it is,' she sighed. I pressed my forehead against her. 'I can't lose you...' I murmured. 'One more change is all I ask... I am begging you.'

'Sideswipe, don't make this harder. Please, just go.'

I lowered my gaze and sighed. 'If that's what you want,' I murmured. 'Is this a farewell?' She gave a small nod. It was like someone stabbed me right through my spark. 'I love you,' I said quietly. 'Sometimes things don't work out the way we want, despite best efforts.' I kissed her. 'I love you so much... I would do anything to get you back and fix what I broke,' he stated. She ran her hand through my hair and lifted my chin. Kissing my lips. 'Farewell handsome...'

I didn't want to leave. 'Farewell pumpkin.' I stepped back, looked at her one more time before I left and headed back to my own dimension.