Chapter 20. Tour through town

Optimus assigned me today to keep Sunny occupied. Apparently, he's bored and starts to bother humans. Jump scaring them and threatening them. From what I heard, he plays with them as if they're a prey and even injured one quite badly.
I haven't spoken to Sideswipe yet, but I think he doesn't mind if I keep his brother occupied. I walked into the cafeteria and spotter Sunstreaker bully a rookie. "Sunstreaker," I tugged on his arm. "Stop, please."

He grunted and shot me a glare. "Come, let's go."
"Are you going to tell me my brothers secret or not?" He snapped. "I might will if you stop bullying."
He followed me towards the hanger. "Tell me the truth," he stated. "Give me the keys of your Lambo first."
He narrowed his eyes, "I am going to kick your ass, Mr. arrogant," I mocked. He laughed and leaned against his alt-mode, "I would love to see you try, human."

"I can slap you really hard."
"Yeah, yeah... you wouldn't beat your guardian up. I am so amazing, why would even consider kicking my ass? Not that you're able to fight me!" He mocked. I rolled my eyes, "Skylar!" My mom called out. "Oh, no keys, no trip, no fun... bye, Sunny."

"Wait! Here."
I turned and caught his keys. "Mom, I am going to have a drive with this car. I will talk to you later."
I quickly hopped in before she could protest and buckled up. "Where are we going?" He asked as I started his engine and kicked on the gas pedal. Sunstreaker slammed into his own dashboard as I kicked on the brakes. "I am sorry."

He shot me a nasty glare and wiped some Energon from his nose. "That was an accident. Why aren't you strapped in?" I asked. "We switch!" He snapped. "No, Sunny. Your alt-mode reacted so quickly— I am sorry. Give me a second change."
"Get out!" He snapped. I kicked on the gas pedal, but nothing happened. "Out!" He snapped. I sighed and hopped out, walking over to the other side. "I am sorry." I buckled up and flashed him a weak smile, but he was not amused. "Why did you even kick on the brakes?!" He snarled.

"Because you reacted to fast..."
"Oh, shut up!" He hissed. I fiddled with my hands and leaned back in the black leather seat. His forehead started to get a little bit blue and swollen. I felt bad, it hadn't been my intention. I leaned in and pressed a kiss on his cheek while rubbing his arm with my thumb. "I am sorry. I didn't mean to harm you."
He sighed and looked at me, "yeah, yeah... just tell me Sideawipe's secret," he muttered. "Well..." I started off. Sunstreaker looked at me, "so... your brother..." I trailed off.

"Yes..." he said impatiently. "We were... searching for you and along the way he kissed me."
Sunstreaker looked at me, "kiss you? Like on the lips? Why keeping it a secret for me?" He scoffed. I shrugged, "we didn't know how you would react," I said. "Sideswipe has been lonely for a very long time and having a female around instead of a brother is good for him. We never had... a girl, you know what I mean?"

I nodded, "years ago... like, million of years ago... I had to leave for a little while. Optimus assigned for a dangerous mission with Ironhide, Red alert, Jazz, Mirage and Hound. It meant that my twin was left alone in our apartment. Which was tough for him. This was the first time we were separated. It happened before the war, Sides and me came right out of the pits, got our life back... sort off. Sideswipe was still recovering from his injuries and I was the one to take care of him."

Sunstreaker gripped his steering wheel a little tighter. "He said he would be fine and if something was wrong, he would see Ratchet and keep in contact with Optimus. He looked after us pretty much during that time because we were vulnerable. This mission was just so important that he needed me. He needed my skill as front liner, but anyway, when I was away, Sideswipe met a femme. Way older then he was at the time. He hooked up with her and according to him... she was charming and sweet. That changed and she hurt him. When I got back, I was shocked to see him in such bad shape. He had been lying to everyone. I just think that it still hunts him and after that, he never really wanted to deal with woman or talk about them. So, we just left it, I think that the kiss really meant something to him. He never told me the details though,"

I fiddled with my hands. If I only knew what Sides had been through, I could have said something about it or ask him if he was really comfortable. I promised myself to catch up with him later today.

Around the evening, Sunny and I got back. Sideswipe was laying on his hood, curled up and watching a YouTube video. I softly touched his arm to prevent him from jolting. "Hey, Swipey..." he shut his phone and pulled me closer. "What happened to Sunny?" He asked as he watched his brother. "That was my fault. Not on purpose... I kicked on the brakes and he slammed his forehead into his own dash. "

Sideswipe rolled his eyes and pulled me closer. We laid on our sides, tangling our legs together. "You'd like to gossip?" He teased. I smiled and kissed his forehead, "you know I would never hurt you, right?" I asked. He nodded, "yeah, of course I know, why?" He asked. "Sunstreaker told me a story that you were hurt by a girl once. I just wanted to make sure that what happened between us isn't the reason of your decision."

"Ah, he told you?"
"Not the details, just that you were hurt. That's all," I mumbled. He sighed, "I don't want to talk about. It's a closed chapter and I don't want to get reminded by what happened that period again."
"Alright," I mumbled and kissed his cheek. I told him what Sunny and I have been doing all day. "We can do something fun too..." I said as his face dropped more and more as I continued my story. "I am not jealous!"

"No, of course not. I just thought we could do something together too, you know," I mumbled and poked his nose. He buried his face in my chest, "what's on your mind?" I mumbled as I scratched his head. "Nothing, nothing. Just a little tired, that's all."
I hummed and wrapped my arms around him. We laid like this for a while and I closed my eyes, enjoying his company. "Can we use this as black mail?"

Sideswipe growled irritated and tilted his head. "Leave us alone, Skids!" He snapped. "Oh, getting cranky Sideswipe?"
He growled, "leave us alone!" He snapped. I sighed and got up, "you see what you did!" Sideswipe shouted angrily. "Sideswipe..." he raised his hands. "Thank you for ruining everything!" He spat out, deactivated his holoform and drove off, leaving tire makes on the ground.

"Really?"
"We didn't mean to anger him. He's moody all day long."
I sighed, "oh, really?" I asked surprised. They hummed. It's unusual for Sideswipe to be grumpy, I sincerely wonder what has gotten his mind lately.