Chapter 27. The note

"Sunstreaker? Do you have a moment."

Ironhide marched over to me like he owned the place. "Hmm?" I asked, not getting up from my position on my hood. "Could you take over Sideswipe his training session? He's not available," he said. "Yeah, sure. What time?" I muttered. "2 PM... are you okay? Your reaction is soft." He arched a brow. "Ugh, yeah. It's fine. Just been through something embarrassing, the other day."
"It's unlike you to feel that way, what's going on?" He asked. "It's stupid." I got up and smoothed my hoody down. "Is it?" He asked.

"The femme, Skylar?" I asked. He nodded, "yesterday after her training I wanted to ask her... if wanted to go with me... for dinner somewhere together. Like, without Sideswipe..." I said. "You wanted to ask her for a date basically." He crossed his arms, "no, I mean... just— yeah a date."
"Then what happened?" He questioned. "I had planned it. Sideswipe had to see you so I had some alone time with her. I was just teasing her a little bit and then she told me she's happy that I am not overprotective and allow her to hang around my twin brother. It turned out she's dating him... so she had interest to hear what I was about to ask."

"Skylar knows how splitspark twins work. So, I am sure that she'll come to you too." I glanced at Ironhide, "I doubt it, Ironhide. She knows my twin, he's her favorite," I said. "Don't be ridiculous! She cares just as much about you as you care about her but if you want to socialize with her you need to have more balls."
I gave him a look, "it's not about that, Ironhide. I can get a girl if I'd like," I snorted. "Really? Is it?" He asked. I shot him an glare. "Yes!"

"Then why are you such a chicken? Why don't you just ask. You're always straight forward, but now you don't even want to face her," he mocked. "You know why?" I looked up to Ironhide again. "Because you're scared to get rejected again. That's a fear you've always had. To get rejected and because of that fear, you're acting cold and rude so you don't have to go through that again. Just go to her, ask her if she wants to have lunch or dinner with you. She's not going to bite your head off."

"Fine, fine..."
I walked off, keeping my head low to avoid any gazes from others. Back in our room, I crouched down and searched through the bin. "Looking for this?" I turned around to face my twin brother. He held up the note I had thrown away the other day. I got up, "you wanted to ask her for date in the most nonromantic way ever?" He asked. "No, I want to attach it to a red rose and hand it to her," I said, approaching my brother. "Honestly, that's ridiculous."

"Why?"
"Why don't you just ask her?"
"Because... if I ask her for a date she'll think it's something everyone would ask. Do you want to go on a date with me? That's what you asked her as well. I wanted to approach it differently but it doesn't matter anymore because she's dating you." My twin rolled his eyes at me. "Just ask her out! Primus, Sunny you're such a chicken sometimes," he scowled. "No... that's not true. I am not a chicken. I don't want to be standard. Like... I wanted to give her a rose."

"Go talk to her!"

I grunted and turned around, leaving with heavy feet. I am going to do it my way anyway. I left the base and bought a rose like I had planned and searched for Skylar. "Sunny." She smiled warmly at me and stopped with what she was doing. "Here." I pushed the rose in her hands. "Thanks... why?" She asked. I shrugged and watched her, reach for the note I had attached. "Wait."

She arched a brow and looked at it. "Before you read it... I am going to leave and you're going to read, okay?" I asked. "Uhm, alright..." she trailed off. "Why?" She questioned and cocked her head to the side. "Because... why not.

• Skylar P.O.V •
I watched Sunny disappear and shortly after, I opened the note. Curious if to what made him feel this shy and nervous.

I Wanna go on a date with you.
A date where it is only you and me.
I like that, it shows you really want to be with me.
I want to see that smile on your beautiful face and make a memory with you. Before I met you, I never knew what it was like to be able to look at someone and smile for no reason.

I smiled as I read his note. Besides it's adorable I also think he has a nice handwriting. I bit my lip and decided to search for him and tell him answer but he seems to have disappeared. I couldn't find him anywhere, not even his alt-mode. I strolled over to Sideswipe, he was parked in the hanger. "Hey, sweetie." His holoform fizzled in. "Ah, Sunny?" He asked. "Yeah, he asked me for a date."

"I told him to drop the idea of the stupid rose," he scowled. "Ah, don't be like that. It's cute and I think it's him. You know he's not amazing with showing others his feelings. He was super nervous giving me this rose. "You mind if I say yes?" I asked. He shrugged, "Nah... not really. If you're able to find him," he muttered. "That was my second question, have you seen him or do you know where he is?"

"Nope, my guess he left the base. He's scared to get rejected so that's why he left. He ran away from his problem," he muttered. "Can you call him?" I asked. "He blocked me from the bond. He'll come back. After all, he does wants to know you're opinion."
I headed to my room and placed the rose in a vase. I guess I have to wait for Sunny.

It surprised me he didn't came to search for me. I doubted he would stay on the streets for hours. I was having dinner with Sideswipe and spotted him. He kept his eyes on the floor and sat far away from him. Sideswipe was only able to shake his head. "Such a fearless warrior, but too afraid to to ask me out for a date," I muttered. "Sorry, can't make more of it," Sideswipe mocked. "Mind if I..."

Sideswipe shook his head. "If he runs off like a scared chicken ill beat some sense into him," he muttered. "Oh, come on. Please be bare with him. He's already nerveus enough and doubted you supported his rose plan," I said, getting up. "Because it was stupid."
"No, it wasn't. It was cute and I liked it," I said, walking off and settled with Sunstreaker at the table. He didn't greet me and popped some food in his mouth.

"Yes."
He glanced at me. "I'd like to go on a date with you."
He swallowed and stopped eating. "Really?" He asked, surprised. I nodded and flashed him a smile. "I liked the idea with the rose. Truly did."
I saw the relief spreading over his face. "I promise you'll not regret saying yes," he stated. I smiled and nodded. "You didn't had to avoid me all day, you know."
"Mo one ever said yes, you know. They rather say yes to my twin brother. He's cute, I am not."

"That'd a lie. I like you too. You're adorable too."
"I am not adorable. I thought you knew everything about us," he sulked. "I know that you're sweet, little arrogant, strong, smart and handsome. I am glad they rejected you... shows I can have you instead."
He blushed a little. "Oh, don't get shy on me now, Sunshine," I teased. "No, no... I— no..."
I giggled and popped some food in my mouth.