Chapter 16. Tampa, Florida

I woke up, and memories returned from what happened last night. Although we didn't frag, we have made out. If my mom knows she'll kiss us both. I turned around and looked at Sideswipe beside me. I blushed as I remembered and relived the moments again and closed my eyes for a moment. "Erring aroused again?" A sleepy male voice purred next to me. "Pervert."

He smirked a little as I opened my eyes. "Did you like it?" I gave a small nod and hugged him. "We probably need to get going," Sideswipe said after a minute. A little awkward, I moved away from him. I think he felt a little awkward too and got up. I sat up straight and followed his moves. I grabbed my clothes and so did he and we cleanly bumped into each other as we wanted to walk into the bathroom.

"Sorry— you go first."
"Are sure..."
"Just go, Sides."

He walked in and shut the door. This awkward tension stayed the entire morning. We didn't really spoke or whatever, he drove and I watched the cars last by. Usually, Sideswipe isn't this quiet and doesn't feel awkward, so why he felt this surprised me. "Honestly, why are you so quiet?"

"Me? You're the one who's quiet, Sideswipe."
"No, it's just— you're not saying anything."
"Neither do you..."
"I am driving."
"Oh, so, because you're driving you don't talk anymore?"
"Skylar, it's busy on the road."
"It's not!"
"It is. Look at these trucks."
"I only three..."
"Yeah, but a mile ago there were a lot of trucks."
"You regret it?"

There fell a silence between us. "Regret what? Going on this trip with you or what I ate for breakfast this morning!"
I gave him a look. "You know what I mean, Sideswipe. Our make-out session the other day. Do you regret it?"
"Why would I regret it, Skylar?" He snorted. "You just act really strange. It already started this morning."

"Look, it was good, I enjoyed it and don't regret but... it was wrong," he said. "Obviously, my pheromone levels were too high... you know, I am a male. Happens sometimes, I have a responsibility towards you. To keep you save and protect you no matter what. Ironhide told me that and he's right. If I get attached to you too much, I am going to hurt your feelings and I don't want that. I am your guardian... so, no... I don't regret it, but it was wrong."

I gave a small nod. "Do you? Do you regret it?"
"No, I have never done anything intimate or naughty with anyone. Sharing this experience with you was... exciting and I liked every moment of it."
He gave a small nod. "But it was wrong..." he said. I nodded and hugged, giving him a fake smile. "Yeah, it was wrong... you're right."

Sideswipe gave a small nod. "Let's just— forget about it. No one has to know, nothing happened if you understand what I mean. It's our secret and no one ever has to know. We can just... close this chapter, okay?" He asked. I nodded and leaned back in his leather seat. "Yeah, let's forget about..." I mumbled.
I didn't want to forget about it. Sideswipe probably doesn't know what it meant for me to have this experience. Still virgin, but the first time being intimate with a male. The first time I was fully exposed to someone.

I sighed softly and watched a red car pass us. Little disappointing he wanted to forget about it and told me it was wrong. I don't know where it was coming from, but that was not what he was thinking last night. Is he afraid of my parents? Of my Ironhide and Prime. Or maybe of his brother, what he will say?
Like Sideswipe mentioned before, he doesn't just make out with every girl so in some way I felt special. I bit my lip and looked at him again. Well, I guess I won't talk about it with him anymore.

We headed Tampa around the evening and did a little scouting mission. I didn't know the exact location, so we drove around and just outside Tampa, we found what were looking for, but not what I expected to find at all.
"This is it..." I hopped out and shut Sideswipe's door. We walked around through the landscape towards what once was a building. "This has been a test lab for sure."

Sideswipe nodded without looking at me or commenting. He scanned everything with his eyes, looking for traces of his brother. "This is Energon, right?"
He approached and crouched down, touching the substance and even smelled it. I don't think he needed to smell it to know it was Energon, but he did it anyway. "Yes, it's my brothers. I can smell it," he mumbled and looked around.

"Considered the smoke coming off the building, this must have happened last day," I said. "I think so too... but the main question, where is my brother?" Sideswipe asked as he looked around. I followed his gaze, "you know him better then me... where would he go? He's probably injured, right? So that means he can't be too far away."

"My brother would surprise you. This Energon seems a lot for a human, but for us... this could either be a cut or a nasty dent. This is a blood of drop of us," he explained. I hummed, "maybe we should ask random people about the fire and if they have seen a yellow Lamborghini."
"There are many Lamborghini's in the world, Skylar. Maybe they have seen one, but doesn't necessarily need to be my brother," he explained.

We hopped back into his alt-mode and drove around, hoping to find anything that could lead us to Sunstreaker. "Don't you have an idea?" Sideswipe asked. "No, Sides. This was not in the storyline..." I mumbled as I scanned the environment. "Wait! Sideswipe. Stop."

He came to a stop and followed me as I hopped out. "What is it?" He asked. I pointed at the trees, "snapped like little twigs. Not something a soft summer breeze is able to do, right?" I asked. "You are right..."
Sideswipe transformed and scooped me up, placing me on his shoulder and slowly skated through the area,— trying to be careful not to puncture his tires.