Chapter 28. The date

"Bro."

Sideswipe hummed and looked from reading a magazine. "So, remember I asked Skylar for a date?" I asked. "Yeah..." he mumbled and grabbed some chips. "How would you feel about a double date?" I asked. He raised a brow, "you wanted to go alone, wasn't it?" He asked. "Yeah, but I thought,—" Sideswipe cut me off. "No, no... you are going alone. Skylar doesn't bite, she doesn't offend anyone, she's good at listening and she'll be interested in you. Come on bro, where are your balls?"

"Still down there in the same spot," I mocked sarcastically. Sideswipe rolled his eyes. "You're going to be just fine. Just be yourself," he stated. "You're going with me," I stated. "No, I am not." I snitched his magazine out of his hands. "Yes, you are! You know why? Because you're my twin and you love me... you will do me this favor just like I have done so many favors for you! I need it in return."

"Oh, so during your first time in bed with her you want me to sit next to you and hold your hand?" He asked and got up. "No, because it will be a threesome," I stated. "Okay, Sunstreaker stop it. Here's the deal... we are twins, I love you and we share our girl, but you need to get to know her... on your own. I know we do everything together but you're going alone on this date. What are you afraid of? What is the worst scenario?" I asked. I sighed. "I am fine with giving you advice, we can still talk over our bond but I won't be there physically."

"I am going to screw up."
"No, you're not going to screw up, Sunstreaker."
"She'll hate me."
"No, she won't."
"You will be her favorite twin."

Sideswipe hit my cheek. Not too hard but enough to leave a red spot. "Stop it! Honestly you're talking bullshit. She doesn't have a favorite and she will like you just as much as she likes me. I need you to get your act together and take her. You asked her so you take her." I stared at my brother, "I am going to tell Optimus about what you did to Prowl and blamed the Chevy twins." Now it was Sideswipe's turn to stare me dead in the eyes. "Chicken."

"Asshole."
"Dick."
"Idiot."
"Coward."

"Stop bickering you two."
I jumped and turned around. Not sure how long Skylar has been standing there. "What's the matter?" She asked, crossing her arms. "Sunstreaker—" I cut my brother off. "He's joining tonight. Just you know," I stated. "I thought you wanted to go alone with me," she said. "Sideswipe wanted to come too, so..." I trailed off. Sideswipe just stared at me with a blank expression. "Isn't it, Sideswipe?"

"He's afraid to go alone."
"That's not true!" I shouted. My brother folded his arms over his chest. Gosh, sometimes I can't stand him. "Alright boys. Sideswipe joins, that's fine," she stated. "Thank you," I snapped sarcastically and bumped my shoulder into Sideswipe.

• Sideswipe's P.O.V •
Sunstreaker left. She's ashamed of himself. "He's scared to go alone," I said. Skylar smiled a little and nodded. "I know that. He's nervous. It doesn't matter if you join, right?" She asked, flopping on the bed. "No, of course not... it's just. I wish he didn't feel this way. Usually he doesn't feel nervous or whatever but when a girl is involved he turns into a complete different person. Nervous and insecure. That's not necessary, especially not around you," I stated and sat down beside me.

"Why does he feel this way?"
"Rejected too many times. Like always".
"Then we can't blame him. He needs his confidence back."

I sighed and nodded. "Gosh, this mech is driving me crazy sometimes," I scowled. She pushed me down on the bed and straddled me. "Don't blame him, Sideswipe. Just think about how long it took you to open up? You still haven't told me everything and you're not comfortable with dating girls either, remember that?" She asked. I stared blankly at her, "we were quite fast intimate after we met," I said. "Yeah and you forbid me to talk about it. Come on, be a little bit nicer to him."

"Ugh, fine. Whatever."

She kissed me and before she got up. She opened the closet and looked through her clothing. I watched her grab a few things. "I am sure he'll like that. Not that he ever will sta it out loud though." She smiled and turned around. "What are you up to?" I waved my hand got up, kissing her lips as I passed. "Nothing."

• Skylar's P.O.V •
Sideswipe is up to something and I wasn't sure what. Nevertheless, Sunstreaker seemed to be much calmer and relaxed and previous. He's happy his twin joined.
I drove with Sideswipe to the restaurant, which Sideswipe didn't understand either. He insisted his twin to take me, but he refused. I hope they're not bickering the entire evening.

Once arrived, we walked inside and sat down. Both twins in front of me. They were talking over the bond, I saw it. Their eyes were flickering. Some bread was served and Sunstreaker opened up a little bit, but that was until Sideswipe got up and just walked off. Taking both Sunny and be by surprise. "Where's he going?"
Sunstreaker shrugged and looked over his shoulder. "I don't know."

Sideswipe didn't return either and for me it became clear Sideswipe had just left without telling his brother. Sunstreaker completely shut down again. He looked down at the table without saying anything. "You're okay?" He glanced at me, nodding and got up. "I am sorry... I—" he cut himself off and left as well. I think I am going to have dinner on my own.

• Sideswipe's P.O.V •
I am sure Sunny will do perfectly fine without me. He just needs a push in the right direction. I was talking to Ironhide and Optimus because they are my target for tonight until my brother rolled into the base. "What's he doing here?" I asked mostly myself. "Sunstreaker, where is Skylar?" I asked a little confused.

"Not here."
"Why did you leave?" I brought out frustrated. "You left!" He snapped and pointed at me. "Yes, you can't just leave like that. Have you even told you we're going back to base,— honestly! Are you out of your mind?" I shouted. I saw my brother flinch a little bit. "What's this about actually?" I looked at Ironhide. "My brother over here asked Skylar for a date, avoided her all day long, too afraid for her answer, then asked me to come along because he's a chicken and now... he left. Just like that."

"You left your date?" Ratchet raised an optic ridge. "Does it matter? Sideswipe left too."
"It's not about Sideswipe!" Ironhide and Prowl shouted in sync. "You asked her for a date then you go 'alone' with her on a date." Prowl snapped. "Sunstreaker, with all due respect but... you can't just leave a girl. Despite what Sideswipe does... you asked her, not Sideswipe and Sideswipe is already dating her," Optimus said.

"You need to go back."
Sunstreaker shook his helm frantically. "I am not going back," he snorted. I sighed, "this is not going to work. You were afraid to screw up and you did, because you ignored my advice. You might be a few clicks older, but I know how to deal with girl and you suck, Bro!"

Sunstreaker snorted, offended. "You know what, screw you, screw her and screw the world!" He spat out and transformed, driving off. "Maybe you should talk to him when you get the change," Prowl said. "Believe me, I tried but... he's just insecure. I never thought I would say that, how ironic, huh?" I scoffed. I transformed as well and drove off.