2. Annoying Thoughts

stick around please 😈😈

"I'm Daniel Park." YN perked up. A new student? Interesting. "Nice to meet you." He continued. YN side-eyed her only friend in the school, Jay Hong. Despite never being able to see his eyes, she could tell he took immediate interest in the new boy. The teacher instructed Daniel to sit next to Zack Lee. Well, I hope this new guy isn't an asshole. YN thought. "Hello!" Daniel said cheerfully to his deskmate.
    "Yeah hi." Zack replied grumpily. The class buzzed about the transfer student, most comments pertaining to the fact that Daniel's looks aligned with society's standards of 'perfect'. Even YN, who didn't usually notice such things had to admit he was handsome. Her thoughts were interrupted by another girl. YN rolled her eyes as Zoe Park immediately stood and began flirting with Daniel.
    "Daniel? Hi, I'm Zoe." The class started grumbling about Zoe's playgirl attitude. It's true though. Whenever she sees anyone handsome, her reaction is always the same, YN mentally noted as she watched Zoe deliver a bad joke. YN observed Daniel's uneasy smile and flustered face. He seemed like a good person, and much more humble than she would have expected from someone that handsome.
YN was spared having to watch any more flirting when Zack interrupted Daniel and Zoe's interaction.
    "Hey, Zoe. Stop flirting and sit. It's annoying." he said.
    "Oh! Zack! Scary! What-?" Zoe said, a forced smile on her face. YN could practically hear her calling Zack a jerk.
    "Stop doing that, b!tch!" The rest of the class mentally applauded Zack's words. Zack glanced at his long-time crush, Mira Kim, then glared at Daniel whom she appeared to be staring at. Anyways, there didn't seem to be much to Daniel Park, other than the fact he had attracted Jay's attention.
Jay nudged her a little before lunch time and silently asked her a favor.
    "You want me to watch him? I think he'll be fine but ok."

    The cafeteria too buzzed with Daniel's appearance. Boys and girls alike goggled at Daniel as he calmly collected his food items from the lunch line. Daniel seemed oblivious to their stares, and although YN was in dark about what, seemed kind of relieved. YN watched solemnly as the main bullies of the fashion department glared at him. She was momentarily distracted by her own problems and lost track of the conversation as the bullies made their way to Daniel's table.
    "Hey b!tch I'm talking to you." YN, who had been ignoring the pestering bully until now, was forced to acknowledge the insecure girl's presence as she grabbed and yanked YN's hair. YN's bullies, from the practical music department surrounded her. The ringleader, a girl with dyed red hair and braces pulled harder on her hair.
    "What now?" YN asked, bored. She glanced backwards, her gaze meeting the other girl's eyes. Honestly, she didn't understand the pleasure these girls derived from tormenting her,not that they were doing much anyways. Unnerved by YN's wolf stare, the other girl let go of her hair. YN slowly looked back at her food, and spooned a helping of rice into her mouth. She returned to ignoring the girls and focusing on Daniel's conversation. She was only slightly disappointed to r find that she had missed it, it wouldn't be hard to simply follow Daniel around the entire day. Oh wait, it actually would be. YN grew slightly worried. Although, she was confident Daniel would be able to handle himself, she didn't him to be caught in an impossible situation, which YN felt was very possible given that Daniel seemed quite naive. YN rose in sync with Daniel, surprising the girls who had been saying some derogatory comments which YN had been completely deaf to. She followed Daniel out of the cafeteria and behind the school.
    "So your name is Daniel?" YN heard from around the corner. She prepared to spring out if the need arose. Luckily, they only wanted him to join their gang.
    "Where you from?
    "You're freaking tall.
    "You.. hehe.. Made trouble, and that's why you're here right?
    "Look at your shoulders.. You work out?
    "You must be a ladykiller. Hook me up sometime, big guy.
    YN assumed they must be offering him a cigarette, because daniel replied "I quit smoking. And I don't know any girls."
    There was an awkward scilence.
    "Then I'm out." Daniel continued. He turned and rounded the corner, and YN scrambled to vanish.
    "That prick definitely works out...
    "He's got some nerve...