26. Rebirth

ok so i didn't kill anyone but please comment still

long ass chapter

In one last desperate attempt, she supported his head and dripped some blood down his throat. It started sizzling, and YN waited with bated breath, using time she didn't have.

""""""""""

Johan's eyes snapped open. He screamed. The sound tore into YN like she herself was being stabbed. She wished it had been her instead of Johan so that he didn't have to go through this. All she could do was hold him tightly as her inhuman blood did its job.

"IT BURNS!" Johan sobbed. YN flinched as he drove his teeth into her shoulder, clamping down tightly, presumably to distract himself from the pain.

"I'm sorry. I'm so so sorry." YN mumbled as Johan cried into her shoulder. "Please... please..." YN wasn't sure what she was asking for, whether it was for Johan to safely get through this, or maybe hoping that Johan could one day forgive her for causing all of this, for causing him to get stabbed in the first place. Tears streamed down YN's face as well, but she knew she didn't deserve them, she hadn't been the one to get stabbed, no matter how much she wished it had been her.

Finally, after what felt like an eternity, his cries quieted and he fell asleep on her shoulder. YN sighed, relieved that he was okay now. She checked his pulse and his breathing, both of which were steady. There was a rush of relief that caused her to stagger against the backrest, almost breaking down sobbing. Adrenaline and X-FLSIH chemical still coursed through her body. She felt a sick and regretful gratefulness to her condition. Johan was alive. It was as if the X-FLSIH was another entity, using her body for its pleasures, taking no heed of the damage it was doing. But perhaps it could be useful as well.

Her job wasn't over yet. Taking the last strips of what used to be Johan's shirt, YN prepared to tie a bandage over the now clotted wound. Upon closer observation it appeared that the clot was already breaking. Her fingers were still shaking as she tied the knot, covered in blood that she wished were completely hers. He had died. His heart had stopped. Despite the pain her blood caused to him, it had saved him. He needs more. Maybe he's built an immunity?

She glanced at the cut on her hand, and almost screamed in shock and pain. The area around her cut, everywhere her blood had touched, the skin almost looked burned off, and re-healed, the scar-tissue thin and pink. It was as if the X-FLSIH was melting her skin then healing it; there had been so much.

YN registered the pain and clapped her other hand over her mouth to prevent from screaming and waking Johan. It was unbearable; she clasped her knees to her chest and slid to the ground, silent tears streaming down her face. SHe had now felt an inkling of what Johan must have felt. It had probably been worse for him, she was used to this pain whenever she recovered a memory. But it had never hurt this much.

The X-FILSH chemicals in her blood were proportional to her adrenaline right? So as the threat of both the gang and Johan's death fades, my blood is probably going to become less effective and useless. Ignoring the burning pain on her hand, YN dripped another few drops of blood in Johan's open mouth then tilted his head so he wouldn't choke. The pain in her hand slowly faded as the adrenaline rush ended and exhaustion set in for real. Luckily Johan didn't seem to have the same burning reaction as before, but his brow furrowed uncomfortably. YN felt an odd heat in her chest, warm enough to be uncomfortable, but not hot enough to burn. Perhaps that was what Johan was feeling.

YN finished tying the bandage over Johan's fully clotted wound, and laid Johan in the backseat, this time taking the time to strap seat belts over his sleeping body. If any police caught on, she might have had to lead them through another car chase. She climbed back into the front seat and took a deep breath.