3. Johan Seong

The scene in her classroom was not unusual. Zack and his fellow bullies were gossiping about some poor soul they had taken a nude pic of. Others held a strange fascination and disgust combination for the picture, and Mira looked purely disgusted. The most interesting emotion was Daniel Park's, the new kid. He looked... threatened? His expression was hard to place, but it was clear he was uncomfortable. Zack's words did not seem to be reason enough for Daniel's unease, but YN regardless plopped down in her seat and listened in.

"Hey, stop, I'm not proud of it." Zack was saying proudly, glancing at Mira.

"I really hate that." Mira muttered to YN. "He's always fighting."

"Isn't he head over heels for you? Won't he stop if you tell him to?" YN asked.

"A while ago he invited me to a movie. But he got in a fight in the street again!"

YN found the perfect opportunity to ask about Johan.

"I suppose that's expected right? Wasn't Zack a rising boxer in middle school? He's quite hot blooded. Personally I think he would be a better infighter than outfighter. He lacks the patience and presence of mind for an outboxer. I think maybe he would have won his last match with infighting. Though that guy was vicious. Johan Seong was his name?"

Mira opened her mouth to reply, but her words were drowned out by a loud proclamation from Zack, who hadn't heard their conversation. He continued to explain the story.

"Enough. As a boxer, I'm not proud of using a straight punch to leave him groggy. I should've thrown a jab."

The statement made YN's blood boil. "Naw man," YN said quietly. Her voice still carried. "What you SHOULD have done is left that poor employee alone." Zack grit his teeth, and Mira and Daniel smiled at her. Before Zack could vent his building fury, girls began crowding around Daniel's desk. Jay pouted, visibly sulking.

"Haha, come to think of it, that piggy's mom, must be a piggy too." rang out one bully's voice.

"Pigs are born from pigs hahaha.

"What if the piggy brings his mom lol.

YN resisted the urge to embed her pencil in the idiot's neck. The bullies continued to insult the victim's mother. Daniel snapped.

"Hey, you guys.. You've gone too far."

The classroom went silent.

YN applauded, and a few others joined in.

YN could see he had some personal attachment to the statement, which puzzled her. Zack just HAD to escalate it to look good in front of Mira. He kicked the desk in front of him, and it flew halfway across the room.

"Hey." Zack snarled. "You're funny. You know that? Get up you worm." YN didn't want to get involved, as she needed to lay low, but she had promised Jay to watch Daniel.

"Zack." YN threatened, without getting up. "Chill." A vein bulged in Zack's forehead.

'Hey look! A GIRL is challenging me."

"My gender doesn't affect the certainty that I will beat you." Things were about to escalate, but Jay rested a hand on her shoulder. He could handle it. "Fine whatever." Yn went back to sketching on her assignment. Zack was clearly angry, but concentrated on Daniel. The two of them emerged into the hallway and Zack took his trademark fighting stance. Murmurs echoed around the room, presumably spreading to the rest of the school.

"The new kid is fighting Zack Lee."

"He's got no chance. Zack was a rising boxer!"

"And Zack is fast."