23. Firearm

i am wholly unimpressed by your commenting ability 😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑😑

"Have your arms really not healed yet Zack?" YN asked incredulously. Zack snuck a glance to Mira who was watching intently.

"Of course they haven't YN, I would have totally taken that modeling job." Zack shook his head. "These damn casts." He snapped disapointedly.

"Uh huh."

Zack was about to step onto the road but was unceremoniously yanked back by YN as a silver car skidded to a halt exactly when Zack would have been. The door immediately flashed open and out stepped a gangster-looking man with gold teeth and shiny sunglasses. His eyes quickly glanced her up and down, then a rough hand extended, holding a shiny golden business card.

"Modeling. You. 70 dollars an hour. Call me," THe man explained eloquently before stepping past her and to the real prize. Daniel Park.

YN was left bewildered holding the business card while the man offered 100 dollars per hour to Daniel, and Zack lamented his casts once again. This might not be bad. Clothing experience would be good. She and Wright had the materials down, and the clothes, but she wasn't exactly great at fashion. Sure, she had bought fashion magazines in the past but those had been mostly for insulation and not the actual clothing.

That night she talked to Eli using the beeper voice messages function. It was really troublesome, Eli should definitely get a proper phone, but they made it work. Well, YN couldn't really complain because she was still using a five-year-old phone, which, although was in stellar condition for surviving through her actions, was ridiculously slow.

"I think I should do it."

"Are you sure? Models DO get a lot of publicity, no?"

YN considered this. "No, I don't think they do unless they're super iconic. Models are just pretty faces meant to show the clothes." YN couldn't muster up a single distinct model face. She had spent a lot of time staring and magazine clippings, for various purposes she didn't remember anymore.

"Honestly, it won't even be that bad of an idea. Just watch for crazies."

"I will. It also pays a LOT more. You won't have to work as much either, maybe you could go on a date with one of those girls who are always asking."

"Oh, shut up!" The words were more than joking.

"I'm not saying you should replace her; I'm saying you have to move on. Actually, I'm not even saying that. I was joking." But was she though? Eli had been running long enough, just like her. How long could he sustain this lifestyle? What was going to happen when he graduated, and Yenna needed to go to school and needed other things? The hairstylist job wouldn't cut it. "Anyways, bye, see you tomorrow."

"Bye."

So, YN called the modeling agency.

A few days later, she was standing on a street watching some guy from her school, and Joy Hong, Jay's sister, modeling.

"You're just going to watch today to get the feel. You've got more of an exotic beauty, so you'll probably model elsewhere, but it's to learn." she was told.

"Okay." YN replied. The guy from her school shot a glare, maybe because, as she had heard, her initial offer was already double his, but when she smiled innocently back, he looked away, blushing. YN ignored him. The afternoon was boring, and more of the same, and she found herself wishing that anyone was there with her. She wished Daniel had accepted the offer.

Suddenly, a dingy van pulled up and none other than Daniel Park stepped out. Before him was a pathetic looking man struggling with bags of clothes and looking incredibly sad.