39. Trapped

"Hey YN, how come you're not an idol anymore?" Vasco asked, hands clasped cutely in front of him.

YN laughed uneasily. "Uh, well, I guess it just wasn't for me."

It had been a week since DG had 'fired' her, and she was no closer to answers than she was before. Vasco and Daniel had visited the PTJ building since then, but he had reported that he had only seen DG once, leaving as Daniel arrived. Daniel had looked a little shifty then, so YN didn't press.

She was conflicted about this whole thing, and she still had no answers.

"I'm Daniel's manager now, you know? It's a pretty fun place! You should come."

YN smiled wearily. "Yup. For sure," she said without gusto. Vasco looked disappointed at her lack of enthusiasm.

"Aw, are you sad about quitting? Just a visit to see everyone." Vasco's face was shining with excitement, and the gears in YN's head started to turn again. Maybe she could see DG again.

"You know what? Sure. I'll come along. It could be fun."

So YN was once again standing at the PTJ building, this time with Daniel and Vasco. She sat in a circle with the rest of Class C. Oliver was explaining the awkward environment of the office.

"DId you hear? Aru split away and started her own company?"

"So suddenly?" YN asked, surprised.

Oliver nodded with a weary sigh. "The atmosphere is ugly at the office, but let's just practice hard. Don't worry."

YN nodded and excused herself to the bathroom. She wasn't even supposed to be here. She dragged her feet on the way to the single stall bathroom, peering into rooms to see anything that could give her a hint. Nothing... She stepped into the bathroom, splashing water on her face. She was so confused and worried and... scared. She sighed. No matter... Everything would be just fine... "Excuse me," she mumbled to a tall man waiting outside very close to the door.

"You're excused, princess," came a very familiar voice in response.

Her heart skipped a beat and her eyes grew wide as she glanced up at his face, which wore a smug grin and a pair of nerdy glasses. "No...NO!" She scrambled back, trembling.

The man stepped closer, the smell of his cologne filling her nostrils and sending every survival instinct in her body haywire. "Hello, princess." He smirked. "I was wondering when I'd see you again."

YN stumbled back even more, pressed against the bathroom tile. Her entire body was frozen with fear, she couldn't even lift a finger to defend herself. "No..."

Gun stepped even closer, and the door slid shut behind them. She was trapped with the monster, and she had lost every control of herself. He leaned closer, his mouth inches away from her ear. She could feel his breath warm on his neck, blowing against the hair of her neck. He wasn't touching her, yet, but she was hyper aware of every part of her body, and every part of his, inches away from her own.

He inhaled softly. "I love the smell of your fear."

His words sent another jolt of crippling fright through her body, sending another wave of X-FLSIH everywhere. Gun shivered in delight, but then sighed and stepped away. YN collapsed against the wall, breathing hard. It was as if the smothering fear had suddenly been pulled away and she could breathe again. Sweat trickled down the back of her neck. Even being near Gun was a difficult ordeal.

"I'm not going to hurt you... Well, right now. I've only been sent to fetch you." He turned and began to move away.

Strength slowly seeped back into YN's limbs. "I'm not going to just follow you. Who sent you?"