38. Otherworldly

She went to the PTJ building with Daniel and Duke. Daniel had clearly been the prize that the recruiter had been seeking, and Daniel had insisted on bringing Duke as well. YN was just confused on why she was there...

After she had completed her piece, a delicate performance of Capoeira to brazilian music, it was clear she would not be invited back here as she viewed Duke's excellent rapping, singing, and dance. YN really didn't know why she was here. She had never been one for the arts. Hell, she only knew capoeira because it was a martial art, and not because of the dance part.

She felt better about her performance after Daniel's measly national anthem, as he had not performed anything. He seemed to realize this as well as he sheepishly grinned at her before the three left together.

YN blinked in the flashing lights from cameras as the door opened, but there were murmurs of disappointment as the reporters saw who it was. Daniel pulled YN and Duke through the crowd gathered outside the door as they tried to leave.

He paused and look back as the crowd's voices rose to an energetic swell as someone stepped out of the door. YN looked back, her eyes landing on the prettiest man she had ever seen, well maybe second to Johan, but this guy made up for it in his poised aura. There was something about him that tugged on YN; she knew something about this man was special. Is this how all kpop idols feel like? She had seen other celebrities before, but they often played on the impression of cuteness. Or they just felt like regular people. But not this guy. Not him.

His dark eyes flickered to meet with YN's. He had been staring at Daniel until then. The instant he was looking at her, YN's throat went dry. Her legs trembled slightly, and she didn't know if she wanted to run to him or far far away where she would never have to look at him again.

Was this how people felt when she looked at them? She had an excuse though, the X-FLSIH chemical that engineered her into a perfect predator.

This man was just a perfect predator.

YN tore her gaze away from the idol, looking instead at Daniel who also seemed captivated.

"DG," he mumbled. So that was his name.

"Let's go, Daniel." YN tugged him and Duke, and together they went back to their school, away from DG.

***

"Hello?" YN picked up the ringing phone, pausing her embroidery.

"Congratulations! You've passed PTJ auditions! Please come to the PTJ building tomorrow to begin training."

"Ok..." YN was shocked. She never expected to pass. Something was clearly up here.

***

Daniel, Duke, and Jay's sister all came. Joy waved excitedly to me upon seeing her in the studio..

"Heyyyy YN! Its been so long since I've seen you with Jay!" Before she could even respond, Joy grabbed her hand and ran her fingers through her hair. "You're looking so hot. Drop the routine sis!"

YN didn't even respond to that before she went and latched onto Daniel, her true prize. She ignored their flirtations as she studied everyone else there. Oliver and Lasol were clearly meant to be there, their bodies lithe constructions perfect for dancing. YN felt a little out of place with her heavier, more muscular, build, lithe nonetheless, which was ridiculous, as she needed mass for more strength anyways. She couldn't imagine how Duke was feeling here.

The idol life continued for a month until the monthly evaluation. It was bizarre, not more bizarre than anything else in YN's life, but after going to school consistently for three years, she felt a little guilty only going once a week. It left her more time to focus on the business though, after the required idol lessons. She really didn't know what she was still doing here. Being an idol would be great, and she was relatively good at dancing, agility being honed through fighting, but she wasn't cute or charming or anything that an idol's social image required...