28. Rebirth pt3

come because the cover art is good, stay because my writing isn't bad?

YN crossed her arms and pouted. "I don't know why you didn't just give me your address to pick up your things. You're lucky I'm designing clothing." she finished. Johan flinched as a loud clattering of falling hangers punctuated YN pulling out a long wine red coat. Her eyes sparkled. Johan wished they did that when she was talking about him. "And now that you're at my mercy, I'm going to dress you up."

Johan gasped dramatically. "Oh no how horrible! Someone save me!" from the short beautiful villain with intense sparkling eyes. "Do I HAVE to wear fancy clothes? They're really uncomfortable."

"Not mine! At least they shouldn't be. See this coat? The inside are lined with four-way stretch-taffeta, making it comfortable, flexible, and waterproof, not to mention would prevent overheating. The outsides are polar fleece, once again making it waterproof, and would fall under the category of 'athleisure'. Very flexible, very utilitarian, and most importantly very fashionable!" YN glanced at Johan who was looking at her with a glazed look in his eye. "I may wear just a hoodie all the time, but I AM a fashion student AND a model." Johan closed his open mouth and didn't look convinced.

YN pulled another wine-red coat, much smaller and clearly for women. "We can match," she bargained, raising her eyebrows. "It's not like you have a choice, its either this or go shirtless." She slid to sit next to him and leaned close. "And I know you're not that shameless."

Johan blushed at their proximity. He instinctively tucked a stray hair behind her ear. The action was so natural he didn't realize what he had done until YN leaned into his hand. She intertwined her fingers with his, leaning her head on his bare shoulder.

"I made something for you." It was actually really embarrassing for her. In the days after the hospital in her daily meetings with Wright, the only thing she could think about was Johan. His eyes, hair, hands. She had insisted on making gloves for him, although Wright, with reason, had insisted it was a pointless endeavour to pursue. They needed to focus on things that would sell to make money. So YN had only made one pair of gloves, for a certain pair of hands. "I'm only going to give it to you if you hurry up and shower." She wrinkled her nose and waved her hand at his supposed stench sarcastically, a grin spreading on her face.

Johan couldn't help but chuckle at her antics. So cute. "FiNe. If you insist." he said with a dramatic sigh. YN was the only person he could act this way with, the only person he trusted enough to let down his icy exterior. "How long is you're lunch break anyways? Aren't you going to be late to go back?"

"Screw school. I'll have to go later to return that car I stole though."

Johan glanced at YN with incredulous shock.

"What?" She asked, noticing his stare.

"I just realized what a bad influence you are."

"That's rich coming from a literal gang leader."

"Touche." Johan sighed, stretching out like a lanky cat and leaning back onto the mattress. YN leaned back as well, and for a moment they lay in a comfortable silence.

"So what are you going to dress me up in?" he asked, quick to change the topic.

YN jumped up and walked back to the closet. She pulled out a beige knit turtleneck and black dress pants. Her eyes were sparkling again. "Oh my god you are going to look SO great. You're already so handsome."

Johan blushed and wondered how she could say things like that in such an off-hand manner. YN was still explaining about the awesomeness of the clothing.