47. Ick

rework done -- didn't change any of the writing just split long chapters up and combined short ones. Also numbered chapters.

50 chapter celebration coming soon, im going to add character playlists. Any requests?

"He's in a coma."

The phone slipped out of YN's hand, clattering against the white tiles of her warehouse. She forced her trembling fingers to pick it up. "So suddenly?"

Zack cleared his throat on the phone. "Jiho pushed him out of a three story building."

"Oh.."

"Yeah. Good thing he was taken away before I got to him."

THere was really no other way to react to that information. We had all thought Jiho had been our albeit flighty friend, but now Daniel might die and Jiho was awaiting trial. "Thanks for letting me know Zack."

"Yeah of course. I know everyone was wondering where he had gone because he hadn't been in school for a few days. Jay just told me."

"Thanks."

They hung up. YN hadn't been in school either for a week, and hadn't been answering Jay's–or anyone's–texts. She had only answered Zack because she had thought it was Wright who had threatened to sell her business if she didn't respond to him. She didn't want to say Gun had spooked her, because that felt pathetic, but it was kind of true. The control GUn had over her made her want to break free. She had been working 24/7 for the past week to get orders shipped out and marketing managed. She had even been sleeping under the desk, Wright bringing her meals if he wasn't busy. She didn't ask him to, but he said she would end up killing herself.

Which may have actually been true, because she clearly couldn't depend on her chemical anymore to sustain her disastrous lifestyle. She couldn't even depend on it to help her in a fight. Gun hadn't come for his usual biweekly pill-dropping visits, and instead Crystal had informed her that her father was trying to make something that would immediately nullify the effects of the pill if she needed to fight immediately, YN was pretty sure the nature of a pill immediately contrasted this idea.

And while she had been glad not to see Gun, she was pretty sure it was just for his threat to set in more. It was working.

***

YN stood in the mirror adjusting her uniform sweater vest. She was finally going back to school but only because Eli said they'd make her retake the year if she missed an entire month at a time. She really didn't know why they were so pressed; it wasn't as if they actually learned anything in school. She'd have to go to school for a month before she could miss any other extended period of time.

It had been a few weeks since Daniel had been in a coma and her phone had been bombarded with texts from Jay the previous day that he was finally back in school. Hopefully no one will notice me with handsome Danny.

***

"YN!" A 200 pound wall of muscle crashed into her, grabbing her in a bone-crushing hug. "You're back!"

She wheezed. "Yup! Thanks Vasco."

"I thought you fell from a building too, you were gone for so long."

"Nope hahahaha." she laughed uneasily, unsure on how to explain her absence.

"Skipping then? Of course you were, you nasty delinquent," Zack jumped in. "Now me, I would never." He snuck a glance to Mira, who didn't even look up.

"Yeah sorry I've been gone for a bit, won't happen again. Can't happen again actually or imma be held back," YN mumbled.

"At least Vasco will probably be there with you."