19. Begging

(split the prev part in two it was too long)

YN crouched nearby small Daniel as he struggled to calm a ferocious Enu. Gingerly, she unwrapped the bandages on her wrist. Her bruises were getting abraded by the bandages, causing net-shaped bloody impressions on her wrists. She quickly wrapped them with the new bandages she had just purchased. Enu had moved to the alley behind the store

YN grimaced as Daniel received a particularly vicious bite. "If you're okay with getting bitten, try-" YN suggested, but then was interrupted by the arrival of someone else. A tall pretty girl was standing at the entrance of the alley. A shock of familiarity flashed through YN, but she couldn't place from where.

"Hello, you know enu?" she asked, wide eyes sliding from YN to Daniel. Daniel answered for her, and the he and the pretty girl began small talk.

YN discreetly took out her phone. She typed "HNH chairmans daughter."

Guess who showed up.

"Ah... yeah... Oh so we're the same age. I thought you were older than me," Daniel was responding with negative rizz when YN checked back into the conversation.

"Goodness! Do I look that mature to you?"

"No! That's not what I meant.

"That's thoughtful, you brought canned tuna and water. Someone just brought food before."

YN flinched. Both her and Crystal were the chairman's daughter. Either Crystal was lying, or the internet was lying, and the internet never lies. What was their relationship? And how did the woman know about the food earlier? Unless Crystal told her...

"Oh, well she can't eat only food in the street. You know Enu is pregnant? She has to eat and put on some weight. I'm worried that she's too thin," Daniel said, a cute smile on his chubby cheeks. The other girl seemed to glow as she watched Daniel attempt to convince Enu to eat the food and not him.

"Hey...If it's ok, how about we work out together?" Both her and Daniel seemed to have forgotten YN's presence. "I like exercising too so... It's been really effective." The girl scratched her head sheepishly. "I'm always on a diet. It's my specialty." The girl was rambling now, but she smiled away the blush on her face. "You were working out before...I think I can help you."

Daniel contemplated this, a grin spreading across his face. "Thanks for the offer, but Enu is here fighting alone, so i want to do this myself too."

YN froze. That was exactly what Crystal had said to Big Daniel in the alley. Sure, Big Daniel and Small Daniel were roommates, but this was repeated almost verbatim. "I want to overcome this on my own. If someone keeps helping me, I will probably want to rely on them."

YN was tempted to intervene and deliver her rant again, but last time it hadn't gone so well and at that moment someone interrupted.

"--Piggy!" Zoe flounced into the alley. "The store is locked! And what are you doing here? You now how long I waited outside?" she scolded angrily.

"Sorry!" Daniel said quickly, not wanting to incur Zoe's wrath.

"Come on! You're making customers wait!"

"No! I just came to feed the dog!"

Zoe dragged Daniel out of the alley and back into the CVS. Crystal seemed to have forgotten that YN had also been in the alley and left without looking back.

YN rested against the filthy alley wall, and thought about Daniel, Crystal, the pretty girl, and Enu. Enu barked, growled, chewed, and attacked them, but they were still insistent on helping the dog. The dog was not nearly as good at running away from help as she was. She had learned from Sinu after all. Suddenly her heart began to ache. When was the last time she had run away? Jace had given up on pestering her, and instead settled for observing her. Vasco was supportive as always, strong and dependable. And she hadn't talked to Johan for a month. Guilt settled like a boulder in her stomach. She still hadn't apologized for running away from him. Anxiously, she dialed his number. She gnawed on her thumb, a nervous habit, and one that caused a line of blood to bead on her thumb. Her nose dripped as well, but she was too anxious to notice.