45. Too Soon?

"This is it then yeah? You're a property owner."

"You actually, and you better not run away or I'll beat you up."

"You'd drop dead before you land a hit," Wright snarked. "Too soon?"

"A bit yeah." YN still hadn't told anyone about the pill to suppress her chemical. Gun had came and delivered a less potent pill, with the instructions to take it every day. Every week he would come with a stronger one.

"Sorry."

She felt like he could have just given all of them to her and she could figure it out but it was just an excuse to harass her every week. Which is part of the reason she hadn't told anyone, including Wright. She didn't want to give voice to her personal demon.

She hadn't had much time to think about it anyways, she had spent all of Thanksgiving break figuring out opening the warehouse with Wright and moving all the clothes in her shack to the huge building. With a sigh, she collapsed onto the ground, starfishing on the sterile white tiles. Wright joined her. Sometimes she forgot that he was actually close to seven years older than her–three years older than Sinu even, and not just an overgrown teenager. She also supposed she should respect him a little more, granted he was a practicing doctor and the only thing scientifically keeping her alive. "Do you make a lot of money?"

"Fair bit. More is always. And this makes enough."

"You don't take any of my money though."

"But you'd let me."

"I would. Is that why you help me?"

"Nah I do it cuz you're a little delinquent."

"Huh??"

"I hung around Big Deal so much without joining because I was scared. I wanted freedom. I was studying medicine and stuff in Seoul University, but I was stressed. I don't regret anything. I know I needed balance. I know you need balance."

"Oh."

"That was cringe, I'm sorry."

"No, you're good, thank you..."

"And you're quite capable yourself. You're charming and skilled. What I'm saying is that we're friends."

"I'm glad you think the same."

***

"Hey smartass you coming?" Zack called to YN.

She let her gaze slide away from the sight that made her stomach twist and adrenaline rush. There was only a flicker of X-FLSIH. She quickly popped a pill in her mouth and dry swallowed it, letting the numbness spread through her limbs.

The subject of her unease noticed her glance with an ugly smirk and a mocking wave. Sandwiched between his shoulder and ear was a phone, and in Jin Jang's hands were business cards. One of them was taped to the telephone pole. He pointed to the phone mouthing 'your boyfriend'.

She flinched and flipped him off as his grin grew wider. Of course, Jin Jang had to be there when she and Johan had separated. For the past month neither of them had contacted each other. Jin was smart enough to know that something was up. And he was perceptive enough to had grasped the relationship between her and Johan. She was Jin's counter. Both the brains of the operations, but both with far different intentions.

"YN?"

"I'm coming, i'm coming, sorry."

She trailed behind the group, her stomach twisting with dread and the disgusting pill.

In the classroom, Daniel handed her a picture. "From Notte World! They finally came. There's enough for all of us."

Her throat constricted as she remembered that day, mostly her and Johan's date. She blinked quickly trying to shoo away tears. "Y-Yeah these are cute as hell."