37. Stuff

lowkey a filler episode but i promise fun stuff after this soon 😫😫

Soon, it was sports day. YN volunteered for first position running in relay, and Yui was next. The two boys had to be found. Normally, Zack would be begged, as he was commonly acknowledged as the fastest male in the school, but he was nowhere to be found. YN had a thought. She wanted to see what Daniel was capable of.

"Hey Daniel! You should totally run the relay. You seem to be as fast as Zack. After all, you did dodge his punches."

Daniel started. "Huh?! But I'm no good at sports!"

YN snorted at the obvious lie. With that body, it was given to be good at sports. She wondered what the purpose of being so humble was. She didn't need to convince anymore, because her peers had caught on to her idea.

"Ehh! What kind of excuse is that?" The class rep challenged, writing Daniel's name for the anchor position. "Okay so the anchor is Daniel Park. Who'll be in third spot?"

YN was the only one not surprised as Jay raised his hand. Whispers filled the room, wondering why the quiet kid of the class had suddenly volunteered for something, but YN knew it was because Daniel was involved. Just then the door slid open and Zack walked in. Everyone stared.

"What are you staring at? Is my face funny?" Zack asked threateningly. The rest of the class was quick to reassure him that wasn't what they were staring at.

"Zack. Hey. Long time no-" Daniel started.

"Don't talk to me." Zack interrupted Daniel's feeble attempt at conversation. YN watched as he surreptitiously glared at Daniel, likely contemplating how he had to beat Daniel on sports day in order to look good in Mira's eyes.

Another surge of jealousy that accompanied thoughts of Mira overtook YN. YN immediately regretted it, as Mira simply was the sweetest person. I'm just a bad person, YN resigned. It must be nice having it all, a nice family, good friends, good personality, good looks, someone who likes you, clear and simple, and overall not having a messy life that winds through trauma, abuse, gangs, money, medical conditions, blood, sweat, tears, and pain. YN sighed and rubbed her temples. If there was a god, he sure was an asshole to her. But, whatever, she got what she got, and she would make it work. YN was not one to dwell on other's fortune versus her misfortune, but she decided, just this once, it was okay.

Then dawned sports day. YN isolated her goal for the day. One issue at a time. Today's was to check out Daniel's capabilities. Daniel highly reminded her of Johan, when he came to the big Deal street. Unsure of themselves, confused, meek, but highly talented. YN watched as Zack scored a nice goal and the ball was passed to Daniel. Immediately, the chanting started. YN could practically see Daniel's internal sports crisis. The entire school waited with baited breath. Finally, Daniel wound back his leg and kicked the ball with amazing form and force. The ball sailed past all the defenders, past the goalie, and pounded into the goal. He had obviously played before... Unless he had an ability like Johan's... But that couldn't be... However, Daniel did seem like he had been lying when he protested that he was bad at sports. Daniel himself seemed incredibly shocked to see his own ability. The school erupted in cheering.

"He's pretty interesting, no?" YN murmured to Eli, whom she had been standing next to. Eli's gaze had also been tracking Daniel, an arm draped across YN's shoulders.

"Yeah..."

Next was the tug of war of music versus vocal and dance. They were old rivals, so the competition was highly charged.

"I think Beom from the music dept is cute." YN heard on of Eli's beauty dept classmates say.

"Doesn't he model for Oh clothing?"