35. Ghosted

Jace freaked at YN.

"Drop it." YN interrupted. "I just need to know what's going on."

"What is there to know? Why are you getting involved with an illegal betting ring? He's the freaking manager for god's sake."

YN had gone strangely quiet. "I know that, I need to know why. Jace, just trust me. Last time I had a secret, it turned out fine." her phone rang, and YN picked it up. "I have to go, Oh clothing is having an impromptu shoot."

***

YN didn't fail to notice Jiho upgraded his clothing, and she knew it was only a matter of time before something bad happened.

"Jiho..." she said to him. "Don't trust Jake."

"Huh? What are you talking about? Jake is so nice! THanks to him, I'm making thousands."

YN knew her warning fell, and would continue to fall, on deaf ears.

"Very well, just be careful."

"Jake wouldn't do me like that! He said he's my best friend."

YN who had just taken a sip of water, snorted it out.

"Oh. That's good." She said, working to keep her expression neutral as she wiped her face. Why would Jake say that? What was he working at? YN pondered these questions for the next few days. But there was another thing. It was not unusual to not see Johan for long stretches of time, but this time it felt different. YN missed him. She didn't like the way their conversation ended. A few times she caught herself about to text him. Not until I get an apology, YN thought, turning off her phone. She ignored the pang in her heart. All thoughts of Johan, however, were brutally shoved out of her mind when she saw Jiho the next morning, looking incredibly grim. Crystal offered him a handkerchief as his nose started bleeding.

"Are you okay?" She asked. "Your nose is bleeding." Jiho simply looked at her, dazed. YN didn't think he noticed. She grit her teeth. That phone call from Jake would be appreciated any day now.

Later that day she went to the convenience store like usual. This time, she was actually buying something. She purchased a black bandana and was chatting with short Daniel when Jiho burst in.

"Daniel, can I borrow some money?" he asked desperately. He was shaking.

"What? Money? I have no money." Daniel said. "Jiho can you watch this for a sec? I have to go to the bathroom."

"Yeah..." As soon as Daniel left, Jiho turned to YN. "Can you help me?" He asked, tembling.

"The best way to help you is to give you advice. Get out RIGHT NOW. Do not gamble anymore. If you want the money back, get a job. DO NOT keep betting." As the words left her mouth, YN knew they went straight through Jiho's ears.

"Please. Help me." Jiho sobbed, clutching at YN's sleeve. There was really nothing she could do if Jiho wouldn't listen.

"I'm sorry, I can't help." She said, gently removing his grip. YN left the shop, and spent her sleepless night staring at the phone.

***

The next days proceeded as a normal routine for YN, however, she avoided Jiho, not wanting to see how far in ruin he would go.

***

As a modeling shoot was cancelled due to the wet weather, YN decided she had enough with waiting for Jake. It was time to go find him. She tied the bandana she had bought arong her head, covering her mouth and nose. She flipped up the hood of her new jacket. The get-up was familiar, once you got past the serial killer vibes. It was too wet to climb buildings and stay safe, so YN had to take the long way by actually walking on the streets. Finally she found Jake, leaving what she supposed was the new office of illegal betting.