42. Dog-Boy

(split next episode in two and also fucked up all the commenting format sorry 😭😭 this ep was a fan favorite too 😭😭)

You can't be fucking serious... YN stared at the text notification, her heart racing against her will. This bitch... It was the first text from the sender in over a month and only two words long. 'Happy birthday'. YN's grip tightened on the phone. She didn't know how to respond. She didn't have the words that would express how much she hated the sender right now. How much she... missed him.

"YN, you coming?" Daniel asked. They had been walking home together, as they lived in roughly the same place. It reminded her of when she would walk with Jace before she quit the cafe job. That hadn't turned out too well after Gun had showed up. The walk up wasn't quiet, although YN didn't say much, she was too engrossed in the text, but Zoe provided an adequate supply of chatter until YN and Daniel needed to part ways. Then she trudged silently up the mountain. She pulled out the phone to gaze at the notification another time while she unlocked the door, but immediately stiffened as she stepped inside. Something was off... she stepped into the small kitchen area, pretending not to notice as she grabbed an apple and a knife. The knife crunched softly into the apple as YN listened intently to her surroundings. Then she whirled around and tossed the knife quickly and cleanly where she had sensed the person. There was a movement in the shadows as the person ducked and stumbled into the open.

"Hey princess," Gun huffed humorously as he clutched the side of his face where the knife had grazed. He had dodged it embedding in his head, regretfully.

"Ugh, nerd."

Gun's eyebrows furrowed with slight irritation, but his smirk remained. "Don't call me that."

"Don't ever talk to me again."

He sighed, stepping over and grabbing the apple YN had been pretending to cut. "You're making this awfully difficult, you know?"

"You don't get to talk about making life difficult, Gun."

That extracted a real chuckle from him. "You're right. And I've clearly been living in your head rent free because of that."

YN didn't respond as she turned away and opened the cabinet for something to eat, because he was definitely right. Her heart was racing from Gun's presence. "It's been a month. What do you want."

"I'm only here on Choi's orders. I just need a sample of blood and I'll leave you alone in your pathetic abode."

"Fine, hurry up and take it." YN rolled her eyes, and rolled up the sleeve of her uniform on her right hand to offer her forearm to Gun. He used a brutishly large needle to extract a large amount of blood. YN's arm shook slightly as the huge vialed filled up. Gun held her in place with surprising gentleness, his calloused fingers fitting against her skin. Finally he withdrew the needle, brushing his rough thumb against the drop of blood that welled at the needle hole. Not breaking eye contact, he raised his thumb to his lips, delightfully licking the drop away. She couldn't hide her disgusted expression as Gun shivered in delight as a wave of pleasure from the X-FLSIH chemical hit him. Then his brows furrowed with frustration.

"You're not frightened enough of me. I need more." His grip on YN's forearm tightened almost imperceptibly. Her heart dropped with fear, drawing a grin from Gun. "That's better." He released her, and YN's heart rate returned to a normal pace. He tossed a bandaid in her direction before exiting her little shack. "I'll see you soon, princess."

YN released a breath she didn't realize she had been holding. So that's why Gun was so obsessed with her. Because she was like a drug to him. But no one else felt that way... Maybe because of the sheer amount when I'm with him... YN was scared of Gun in a way she never thought could be possible. And Gun could feel it. He somehow could detect the fluctuations in the levels, almost as if on a wavelength that regular people couldn't feel.