14

THE TRIAL

_____________

The next morning, George came straight to me with that gadget he had promised me. It consisted of a little red radio with two earpieces, quite similar to the muggle ones.

"Alright, you give this to Nott," George said, pointing at one of the earpieces, "And you keep the little radio and this other one, you'll be able to listen to everything no matter how far away he is. Besides, you are incredibly lucky tomorrow is a Saturday 'cause you can sneak into any of the rooms to hear everything. Oh, and, of course, I'll continue being the amazing best friend I am and I'll stay vigilant outside so no one catches you."

I smiled at him, "Have I told you you are fucking amazing?"

"Not enough times," he pouted. "But don't worry, we will have time to celebrate our victory in the Ravenclaw party of next week."

"Sure!"

As he promised, he had been copying the rest of the notes from yesterday and during the rest of the day, we kept focusing on our work, only stopping to have coffee and to eat something and by late in the evening, we had all the information collected and divided into different folds and, as George suggested, organised chronologically.

Once we finally finished, we let ourselves fall on our chairs, completely exhausted, looking at each other with a proud and accomplice smile.

"We're done, Willow!" he crooned, happily, high-fiving me.

"Yes, finally!  - Thank you so much again for your help, George. I would have never ended with all this work if it wasn't for you," I said, honest.

He clicked his tongue, playing it down.

"Anything for my favourite friend," George smiled. "Besides, at least we could spend time together even if it was in these conditions."

I stood up, going straight to give him a huge hug.

"Aww," he murmured, standing up as well so he could wrap his arms around me, almost grazing the sweet spot in my waist and glueing me to his body to let me feel his scent and his corporal warmth as he kissed my forehead.

The next day, I saw Theo at the entrance of the castle, taking deep and pausated breaths as he waited for Professor Snape to arrive to guide him outside. He was being hyped up and supported by Blaise, Draco, Pansy Parkinson and Daphne Greengrass.

His eyes quickly met mine and I gave him my most comforting smile.

"I swear to Merlin if Snape doesn't arrive in this fucking instant, I'm going back to my dorm. You can all visit me in my cell in Azkaban bringing me some lube for wanks and a couple of magazines," he mumbled, trying to hide the nervousness in his voice. "Oh, Willow, and you better bring me some of the honey muffins my dear Nabia bakes."

I snorted, "Sure, but first, let me give you this."

Discreetly, I put in his hands the little radio and the earpiece left George gave me.

"Once you arrive at the Ministry, you set it on in this button right here. I'll be hearing everything," I explained to him in a little whisper, "Don't worry, okay? Everything will be fine."

"Who gave this to you?"

"George."

Theo huffed, rolling his eyes and whispering so only I could hear him;

"Did you promise him some wild non-stop sex in exchange for his help?"

"I wish, but no."

"Then you must have drugged him."