53

TORTURED

_____________

As George went downstairs, finally getting out of the hut to follow the rest to that old abandoned manor where they were going to make the spell. As he walked inside the woods, remembering every moment he had had with Willow in between those trees, he felt a little ray of light inside him. He was closer and closer to his girl.

"Are you nervous?" Fake Willow appeared next to him, offering a wholesome smile and walking backwards so he could observe her beautiful face.

George couldn't help but let out a little soft chuckle.

"I thought I had left you at our dorm."

"Honey, I'm a thought. I'm always with you even when I'm not here," she shrugged, trying to keep the smile on her face.

George felt a little pinch inside his chest. He had to keep reminding himself that was not his Willow, just a little shadow of the huge trail she had left in him.

"I'm nervous," he quickly changed the topic. "I don't know what I will tell her once I have her in front of me, how I will excuse all the time she has been there or how I will tell her how much I love her when I feel there's no word capable of encompassing my feelings for her."

The fake Willow pressed her lips together.

"There's no need to excuse yourself, you have done everything that was in your hand and my real self will understand it, Georgie," she smiled. "She adores you with her whole heart."

George wanted to carve those words in his mind so he could genuinely believe them. 

Willow loves me. Willow loves me. Willow loves me.

"How do you know her so well, though?"

The girl snickered. "Because I'm the little part of her that lives in you."

They kept walking until George arrived at the manor's entrance, much to his dismay, noticing how the fake Willow had disappeared in the blink of an eye because he was about to be in public. Feeling a huge weight over his shoulders and his back, he set a foot inside the manor, already hearing the dim and hushed voices. Following the sound of them, George finally found Theo, Nabia, Fred, Lilith, Alya, and surprisingly, Marlena inside of one of the huge living rooms. Nabia was sat on the floor — with a huge map in front of her and a dagger next to it, — and by her side, Alya looked quite out of place and still slightly disturbed.

"What are you doing here?" George simply asked Lena, who was leaned against the wall with Theo by her side looking through the window, with an annoyed face.

"I tried to fucking convince her to stay in the safe place where she was but she insisted on coming and Merlin knows my bloody girlfriend would chop off her ears before listening to me," Theo mumbled, sighing. 

"Willow is my best friend, I want to help," Lena simply said, rolling her eyes at Theo's words.

"You are putting yourself in danger too, idiot," Theo snapped, still looking through the window. 

"I don't care."

"Of course you don't."

"Love," Lena called him, surprising George with such a soft voice directed towards Nott. Theo immediately looked at her and his eyes slightly softened. "I'm gonna be okay, all of us will, we know how to fight."

Theo let out a loud sigh.

"Alright, but George and I will be the ones entering the place where Willow is, you and Nabia will stay watching and ready to alert us if someone else other than Fluke is approaching."