44

THE SOFTNESS IN HIS TOUCH

_____________

I laid down over my belly, resting my head over my arms and feeling the smooth touch of the blankets below me, as I took a moment to breathe the fresh night air and appreciate the dark blue sky full of stars and the moon shining bright, I felt George moving slowly by my side and leaving delicate kisses on my naked body. His warmth contrasted with the cold ambience and I closed my eyes for a second, enjoying the moment with the other blanket covering only our hips. 

"Are you coming home this summer?" I asked him in a soft whisper. Noticing how fast time had flown these past months, the end of the course would arrive in the blink of an eye and there was a need inside of me to want to know if George was going to be near me during holidays as well.

It was mainly pure selfishness and insecurity; I wanted him to be with me during summer because I wanted to be by his side and because I was scared that if we spent weeks and weeks away from each other, he would end up losing the attraction he felt for me and wanting to go back to our time as simple and innocent friends, or what was worst, to end our bond for good.

And I couldn't take that.

Merlin, the only thought of it pained me in the deepest of my heart.

"Of course, I'll probably bring Freddie every once in a while but you can be sure you'll have me glued to you for a good couple of weeks," he replied, behind me as he started to trace the moles and freckles in my back with the tip of his fingers. I slightly shivered for how soft and careful his touch was.

"Is your mum still angry at you two?"

"Nah, she even apologised and asked for our forgiveness, it's all good now," George said, still running his fingers through my back until I noticed he was actually doing figures with his fingertips in it.

"What are you drawing?" I grinned, trying to guess it.

"Guess it," he simply replied and I could feel him smiling behind me. He kept traversing my skin with soft and slow movements, the wind whistling cold and the only sound of our own measured breathing.

"Perseus," I whispered.

"Come again?"

"The constellation you are tracing in my back," I said, still smiling, "It's Perseus."

I heard him snorting and leaving a little kiss on my shoulder. Without another word, George kept moving his fingers, now drawing a different figure.

"Do you already know what will you do once we finish Hogwarts?" he asked in a hushed tone, while I focused on his touch.

"I had planned to move with Theo to the flat my grandma owned in London; after she died, it became my mum's property and it's quite cosy and beautiful, I want to study Astronomy there and he wants to study Fine Arts, you already know painting is his thing. But I have to discuss it with my mum, though. I wanna make sure she's okay with it and she doesn't feel like I'm abandoning her now that she will be more alone than usual," his fingers kept tracing and I finally guessed it, "Orion. What about you?"

George clicked his tongue showing me that I have gotten it right.

"You already know, find a building, turn it into a joke shop and move with Fred to London. I don't even care about my marks next year, we both have agreed that we'll only return to Hogwarts to promote our products, gain fame and stay close to our loved ones in here," he said, changing again the path of his movements.