46

THE LAKE

TW: sexual content

_____________

During the first days of George's stay at my home, we dedicate our time to do the innocent things we used to back during our last summer; baking, braiding flowers in each other's hair, talking till midnight and going swimming in the lake hidden inside the deep forest that surrounded my house.

One of the days, while we were helping my mum to clean the basement to get out all of our summer stuff, George found a guitar that used to belong to my mum in her university days. After she saw the excitement in the ginger's eyes, she decided to gift it to him and teach him how to play and, even for being quite amateur in the subject, George ended up playing beautifully after a little helping spell and my mum's tricks.

Unlike what you might think knowing him, George actually played soft and really beautiful songs and once in a while, while I was baking, he used to be sat on the window with the guitar and a notebook full of words and blots in the paper.

We were sat together in the flower field, eating some snacks under the brightening sun in the sky and surrounded by the dim breeze that caressed our bodies. George was shirtless with only his swimming trunk on and the guitar in his hands as he had his back rested against the trunk of the willow in my garden, while I was sunbathing in my bikini and my heart-shaped sunglasses, doing a little bracelet by braiding flowers.

"The more that you say, the less I know. Wherever you stray, I follow. I'm begging for you to take my hand. Wreck my plans, that's my girl," George started singing in a soft and low voice, so beautifully that I felt completely mesmerized by him. " Life was a willow and it bent right to your wind. Head on the pillow, I can feel you sneakin' in. As if you were a mythical thing. Like you were a trophy or a champion ring. There was a price I'd cheat to win."

I looked at how the sun reflected on his skin, and how the breeze caressed his ginger hair thinking the universe for letting me appreciate him like this.

"Wow," I couldn't help but say, "That was so beautiful."

George glimpsed at me and snickered, putting the guitar away.

"Thanks, honey. I've been with those words in my head for a couple of days and I knew I had to turn them into a song."

"Let me guess, the willow part is because of the story I told you."

He immediately nodded, still smiling. A few days ago, I had told George why my mum decided to name me Willow; when she was pregnant, she didn't know yet how was she going to name me and the day she gave me birth, since she was alone at home, she didn't have time to get to the hospital or even far from our home so she had to sit down under the willow and give birth there by her own. Once I came out of her and she hugged me for the first time, she noticed that the first thing I saw when I opened my eyes were the willow's leaves and branches and that the tree had kinda protected both of us from the cold rain of February, that's why she finally decided that I was going to be Willow.

George had loved the story and knowing that my own name could be sung by him was something that warmed my heart in the most beautiful way possible.

"It's a bit hot, isn't it?" he huffed, still smiling. "Shall we go to the lake?"

"Sure," I said standing up, "Let's race!"