58

FORGET THE PAIN | PART I

TW: sexual content

_____________

"They are planning to attack Hogwarts," Professor Lupin explained right after giving a sip to his tea while holding his adoptive daughter's hand. "We have studied them for months and months, some of them even snitched before Sirius ended them, and they have their eyes on Harry."

"And on something else," Sirius added, mysteriously.

"Love..." Remus warned him, "Little by little, let's not overwhelm them with all the information now."

We had been sitting on the kitchen table for two hours now, trying to soften the mood for the real raw information with banal chats and kind smiles. After all, we all were here for the same reason, putting an end to the Death Eaters.

"We should wait until we make sure they are not jinxed to show them," Remus explained to his husband, who huffed a bit annoyed.

"What do you mean?" my mum asked, a bit confused.

Remus sighed, considering his words.

"We all know that the only thing that will put an end to the Death Eaters is Voldemort's death but it won't be as easy as that. During one of our deepest divings into the investigations and after interrogating people that were around Tom Riddle during the time he raised, we discovered he has done particularly old and incredibly evil magic to preserve himself and to make sure he doesn't die this easily."

"Of fucking course nothing doing with those fuckers could be easy," Theo huffed, crossing his arms in front of his chest.

"But before we give you all the deepest details, we need to know if any of you are going to fight, because right now not only you six plus Harry are in danger, everyone is. And I know I shouldn't be asking young kids to fight a war but I wouldn't do it if I wasn't truly desperate."

"Besides, most of you have a reason for wanting to send the Death Eaters to the other life," Sirius added, "You Weasleys want to protect your brother, and Molly agrees with it, my daughter Lilith has to break the face of those bastards who ruined her childhood, Theo exactly the same...And you, Willow," he looked straight at me, giving me a kind but strong look, "You deserve to revenge yourself."

"But they are children!" my mum intervened, not angry, just terrified of losing any of us. "I'll fight for them!"

"Mum, I have to do something too, I have to revenge myself from Fluke even if I don't kill him," I tried to explain to her as nicely as I could," and it doesn't matter if all of us stay here nice and safe, we both know I'm a target for many of those bastards, Fluke himself admitted it, I'm not gonna be safe, none of us will until they are gone. We have to fight."

She took a deep breath, closing her eyes for a minute and trying to remain calm.

"We will discuss this later, I want to see your progress during these next days because I'm not sacrificing any of you for a greater good."

It wasn't the answer I wanted to hear, but at least, it was something close. I nodded, observing the rest letting out a little sigh of relief.

"Great, we are suspecting they will attack Hogwarts at the end of the course, that's their way of acting and considering Willow has just escaped from Fluke with all the information she has, I bet they feel weak and exposed," Remus continued, taking the leading voice again, "They are smart people, they don't attack until they know they can win."