31

NEW PROFESSOR

_____________

I immediately started running towards the nursery, trying to avoid the huge crowd of people in the corridor. Luckily, it wasn't too far from the Dungeons so it only took me five minutes to get there. My heart pounded in my chest as my mind tried not to think about the worst scenario possible and feeling guilty of Theo being attacked, since it had probably been because of the note I left for Caliban Lestrange right before Christmas.

Bloody hell, if Theo has actually been hurt because of me, I'll never forgive myself.

I entered the place, forgetting all my manners and just trying to hear my friend's voice from behind of any of the curtains keeping the patients' privacy.

"Mr Nott, you have to drink this, please," I heard Madame Pomfrey's soft whispers from behind the curtain next to me. I slightly moved away the thick white fabric, sneaking my head inside.

Theo was flat out on the bed, eyes a bit gone, dreamy smile and one of his arms bandaged while the poor nurse tried to give him a yellow potion I recognised as one of the healing kind.

"Ol' Patty has a huge pair of tits. She gives me the horn, like she'd cast Accio on my dick," I heard Theo sing softly and couldn't help but snort. "Oh, old Patty, you make me spunk —"

Yeah, he's completely fine.

"Theo..." I murmured, interrupting him and approaching his bed.

He looked at me with those eyes high in analgesics and that little smile. 

"Willow! How are you, my dear?" he drawled, trying to reach his pack of cigarettes which was right then moved away by the exhausted nurse.

"I'm good - what about you? Heard you got attacked," I spoke softly as I sat next to him on the bed.

"Oh, Ms Áine, thank Merlin you're already here. I tried to give him this healing potion so the anaesthetic could stop having an effect on him, but he refused to and when I tried again he started singing that awful song that-"

"Pomfrey doesn't like my song," Theo giggled, looking like a kid, and still too high on his anaesthetic. 

"Of course I don't! It's disgust-"

"Ol' Patty has a huge pair of tits.-" he started again, interrupting her and enjoying the fact that he was frustrating her.

"Godric's sake!" the woman burst, putting the potion over the nightstand and leaving us two alone, trying to calm herself down. I knew from first hand Madame Pomfrey had infinite patience, so Theo must have really annoyed her during his time here.

"Theo," I called him with a serious tone but still unable to hold back my smile. He looked at me with puppy eyes, something that really contrasted with Theo's usual expression. "Drink that potion."

He seemed to hesitate but finally gave up, surprising me with his obedience.

"Yes, ma'am," he quickly said, grabbing the flask and drinking it down as if it was a shot of an alcoholic drink. He shook his head, complaining about the flavour and rested his head on the pillow as the potion had an immediate effect on him, "Fucking hell, Willow, why did you make me drink that shit? Now, my whole fucking body hurts and my tongue tastes as if I had run it by Draco's arse."

There's my Theo.

"How do you know how Draco's arse tastes?" I arched one of my eyebrows.

He clicked his tongue, trying to accommodate himself but hissing in pain. I helped him to get more comfortable and fixed his pillow.

"I've heard stories..." Theo mumbled as if he was talking about his war memories or about some hidden trauma he was reliving. "The point is that I was happier singing about boobs. You've ruined my fun."