36

SURPRISE, SURPRISE

____________

I woke up early in the morning with the sun hitting me on the face and the sound of another couple of breathings in the room, I rolled on the bed, letting out a complaining sound and noticing the aching feeling in between my legs. 

One of George's arm was around me as he was laid on his belly, with the make-up in his eyes kinda ruined and his lips slightly open, with a calm in his face that flooded me with tenderness. The golden sunlight coming from the window bathed his pale skin, revealing the freckles and moles on the muscles of his back with a part of the white sheets we were sharing tangled around his hips. I held the fabric against my body — before falling asleep, we had made sure to take off our clothes and sleep in our underwear — and looked, completely mesmerized, at George.

Looking again at his perfect face, I dared to move my hand and softly caress his cheek while feeling a little stupid smile forming on my face.

"Morning," another sleepy voice cooed from one of the other beds. Fred was smirking at me with his eyebrows raised and his hands behind his head, using them as a pillow. He must have noticed how my blood grouped in my cheeks and how my voice literally disappeared somewhere else inside my body because he chuckled, shaking his head, "Don't worry, Wi, I won't say a word."

Lee, on the other bed, let out a long snore and I gulped.

"How long have you two been here?" 

"I dragged Lee back from Neville's bed when I got out of the Slytherin common room like half an hour ago, so no problem, mate, none of us saw nor heard whatever dirty shit you two were doing in here," he smiled.

"Thanks, pal — HANG ON, LEE AND WHO?"

I knew Lee was gay, he had come out two years ago in a similar way as Angie did, receiving all of our support and love, but this definitely caught me by surprise.

Fred bit his lower lip to hold back his laugh.

"Yeah, I'm still trying to process it too," he gave a quick glimpse to his still asleep twin while Lee's snores kept filling the room. "So... Georgie, huh? Who would've guessed you had a thing for your best friend, Wi?"

I huffed, still smiling. 

"As if you didn't know already, Fred, c'mon. I know George tells you everything."

"Thank Merlin at least he keeps the details for himself," he snickered, "You're slowly wrapping him around your finger, mate."

"You think so?" I raised my eyebrows.

"Mhm," Fred nodded, "Sexually, he has been drooling for you for a long while now — now, in deeper aspects, even though he is my twin and I know him from up to down, he's a bit complicated. He doesn't dare to commit with anyone because he thinks no one will want to deal with him for too long, mommy issues' fault, and just like me, he tries to avoid acknowledging his own feelings. So, he is, indeed, complicated."

I sighed, considering his words.

"Whatever he feels right now, Wi," he continued, giving another quick look at his twin, "You can be sure he loves you, both he and I are still trying to figure out if he does loves you as a friend with benefits or as someone who wants more, in a romantic way you know, but he definitely loves you."