68

KNOCK, KNOCK! THE DEATH EATERS ARE HERE

_____________

"What happened?" I asked, completely puzzled at the scenario in front of me.

"He died..." my mum repeated, with her eyes wide open and her voice seeming almost lost inside her body. "He let himself die..."

"We tried to talk with him about what is happening right now," Sirius continued, "But he had it all planned out - even his own death!"

"Dumbledore said it had to happen, that this: Harry confronting Voldemort and we fighting the Death Eaters had to happen," Remus explained, "He said it was meant to be but why the fuck would he left himself die at the moment we need him the most?! He is the greatest wizard of the century, he defeated Grindelwald! Why the fuck would he let himself die in a crucial moment like this?!"

My mum forced herself to look away from Dumbledore's corpse and when her eyes met mine, I saw them opening even more and her expression turning into pure worry.

"Willow! What happened to you?" she burst out, pointing at the blood staining my clothes and my face.

"Fluke..."

"Wha-?" she wanted to ask, showing the fear in her face but I immediately interrupted her.

"It's alright, mum. I already took care of him," I tried to calm her but she looked as if she was just about to lose her cool.

"What the fuck?! Willow Moon Áine, have you faced that bastard on your own?! After all, he did to you?!" 

"I wasn't alone! George was with me!"

 "Yes, and look how you are! Bloody hell, I knew I shouldn't have let you two come! You are still children, how are you gonna fight grown-up adults?" 

"But I'm telling you I already defeated him..." I whispered, trying to make her understand.

"Yes, but at what cost? He could have killed you," she tutted, with her eyes watering, "Merlin, Willow, how I would live if he had killed you, huh? How would I live without my baby? I know you are strong but you are still my little girl and I should protect you from all damage."

"Mum," I sighed, "You can't pretend we get out of here without any wound...this is a war and I'm a legal adult, I have chosen to fight it."

She took a deep breath, trying to do her best to calm down.

"You should have never had to fight a war that wasn't yours to fight," her voice trembled.

"It became my war the moment Fluke took me, and I'm really sorry, mum, but this has to be done. He said all the Death Eaters will do to us if they win...and I can't allow it," I answered, watching her clicking her tongue. I approached her, attempting to bring reason to her, "I promise you I will take care of myself and so will George and the rest. We will always be your babies but we are also fighters, and it's fighting this war or surrendering to a life full of misery, abuse and violence. We have no option."

My mum considered my words, keeping her eyes on me and doing her best to hold back her tears. She held my face in her hands carefully, examining the harm that bastard had made.

"Please, be careful, Wi," she whispered, "I can't lose you, you understand? And we need all the adults possible in here, there might be no other option but have all of you fighting but the least we can do is trying to protect as many children as possible."

"My family is coming," George intervened, "Ginny told me she had written a letter to them, talking about the situation and my mum was about to come to complain to Dumbledore but judging this...she will join the fight."