28

THE WITCHY LEGEND

____________

Mum returned around lunchtime and was so incredibly happy to see Theo that she hugged him and cuddled with him for hours, gaining a little chuckle from him and that kid-like look that appeared on Theo's face whenever he was around my mother. It was as if he was letting his barriers go down and accepted the motherly love she was offering him.

We spent most of the evening doing homework and trying to set peace between Theo and George.

"Weasley, I have a question, did your mother let you fall from the cot when you were a baby or being fucking dumb comes by default in you?" Theo teased, with an ironic smirk on his face, from the couch were he was laying.

"Did the incest in your family burn your brain cells, Nott? Of course it comes by default."

"You're a pureblood too, you twat."

"Exactly, that's why it comes by default on you too, you tosser."

"Are you two done?" I sighed. "Because both of you are incredibly dumb to me."

"Shut it, Willow. I might be dumb but you have to fucking blind to fuck this ginger-pubes," Theo mumbled, still glaring at George.

"Theo, suck my dick."

"You don't have a dick."

"You don't actually know that, mate. Maybe I do."

George chuckled by my side and Theo grabbed a crumpled ball of paper and threw it to me but it ended hitting George on the face.

"Oi!"

"You missed," I scoffed at Theo, who arched one of his eyebrows.

"Who said I was pointing at you?"

"Fucking cunt," George spat throwing at Theo one of the cushions.

Suddenly, the lights from all the house turned off, making us gasp.

"Nabia, is everything alright?" Theo asked, standing up and looking at the kitchen's door.

"Yes, dear, don't worry. It must be because of the thunderstorm. Mrs Delaroux warned me that this might happen," she sighed, grabbing her robe. "I'll have to go to the studio. I have all the candles in there."

"You want us to help?" I asked, immediately.

She shook her head, "No, don't worry, Wi."

Once she closed the outside door behind her with an umbrella hanging from her arm, I focused my attention back to the two boys.

"What do we do now? I can barely see," George huffed.

The only illumination was coming from the window — where the thunders struck in front of the flawless full moon — the fireplace and our wands. 

"Well, I know a little story that my mum used to tell me when I was a kid," I started, sitting next to the fire and our wands, with the Lumos spell. 

"It isn't a scary story, is it?" George arched his eyebrows, "Because I don't want to see Nott peeing his pants."

"Sounds like you are the scared one, Weasley. Wasn't bravery a Gryffindor trait or was it just a bunch of stupid lies like that time people told you you were handsome?"

George rolled his eyes, ignoring him.

I sat in front of them. "You want me to tell it or not? It's considered a legend here in the village but it's inspired on a real witchy story."