64

WHAT WILL WE DO ONCE THIS IS OVER?

_____________

Weeks kept going by and 1996 made its entrance during a cold and dark day. After Remus and Sirius destroying that first Horcrux, we suspected all we should have even more protection than usual, especially since nobody else in the Wizarding World seemed to care about the obvious threat upon us, so we decided to cover the house in protective spells and make sure we went out of the property just when it was completely needed.

After the locket was destroyed, supposing Voldemort's weak body could feel one of the parts of his soul being destroyed, we assumed the Death Eaters would be out there freely looking for the person who was threatening their dear lord's life and we weren't wrong to protect ourselves against them and let some time pass before destroying the next Horcrux. The Ministry of Magic didn't seem to care in the slightest about the clear menace happening in our world, we already knew we couldn't expect anything from the magic Law - which had been the same one that hadn't moved a finger months ago when I was kidnapped - but witnessing how Fudge was utterly up to ignore the possibility of Voldemort's renaissance and his attempts to convince the Wizarding World that he was dead was incredibly frustrating for all of us.

I couldn't understand how, after all the deaths and threats that had happened during this last year, they were still so fucking keen to deny the fact that he was trying to come back and the more time it took us to stop him, the most powerful he could get and the more chances to get a human body for himself we were given him.

It was stupid and annoying.

However, that wasn't the only thing occupying my mind for the last weeks. After having some weeks to rest, try to get back to mental peace after my captivity and trying to make up the lost time with my family and my boyfriend, I started to think about what my future was going to be like. I had pretty clear that my seventh year at Hogwarts was quite ruined after more than two months out of school, but after communicating with the sensitive Professor McGonagall about it and we both came to an agreement; since my 'drop' out of school hadn't been willingly but because of obvious external reasons, the school would give me and my friends the chance to study all the set of subjects during summer for our NEWTs the first week of Septemeber, exams which would be corrected and directed by her, so I could have the chance to enrol at the Science University in London and my friends whatever other path they wanted to follow this same year.

I was incredibly grateful for that chance and definitely planned to make the most of it. I wanted to forget about this traumatic time and get back to my life as soon as possible, especially because I started to believe that trying to move on from my captivity and make as many changes as possible in my life would help me to deal better with my trauma. 

If there was one thing I had clear in my life at that moment, it was that I wanted to be an Astronomer, I wanted to be with George for the rest of my life and I wanted to live as near to Lena and Theo as possible.

During these weeks, I received a lot of letters and attention from my friends back in Hogwarts. Angie and Katie wrote to me constantly and I, obviously, replayed to them with so much joy seeing that they actually cared about me. I also got so many letters, gifts and love from my Slytherin friends and luckily, we even got to more less see each other through the chimneys - taking, of course, all the safety proceedings for both them and us, it had been an amazing moment and seeing again Draco, Pansy, Daphne and Blaise made me feel so much better, almost as if nothing had happened since the last time we saw each other.

"We really miss you a lot, Willow," Pansy had said, giving me a comforting smile. 

"Definitely," Draco had agreed, showing himself a bit more tired than usual - probably because, sadly, this Death Eater situation hit him close and it wasn't something that he was happy about -, "We are so proud of you for being so bloody strong, mate."