63

RELIVING FAMILY TRAUMA ON SATURDAY EVENING? SOUNDS GREAT!

____________

Sirius entered the living room — completely exhausted and under our perplexed eyes, — and was about to sit down on the couch when my mum reacted, startling him;

"OI! DON'T YOU DARE TO SIT ON MY COUCH WHILE YOU ARE COVERED IN BLOOD, SIRIUS ORION BLACK," she warned, grabbing a towel and putting it over the sofa so Sirius could sit down, a bit shy but with a little hint of mischief in his eyes as if he was a kid who had just been told of because of a totally worthy prank. "Now, do tell us, what happened?"

"We destroyed a Horcrux, Nabia," Remus repeated, sitting by Sirius side and making sure he was also resting over the towel since my mum was straightly looking at him. "It was...wow. I have no words."

"Maybe start by which one it was and how did you two do it?" she suggested, with a little hint of sarcasm in her voice.

"True," Remus coughed, "Always so smart, Nabia."

"Oi!" Sirius slapped his hand, pretending to scowl. "Don't flirt with your ex-girlfriend in front of me, you tosser."

Hang on - what?!

"I'm not doing such a thing!" Remus protested.

"Sirius! The kids don't know that!" My mum said at the same time.

"Dad?!" Lilith burst while looking at Remus, just as surprised as me.

"Mum-" Theo intervened, crossing his arms in front of his chest and looking at my mother while scowling but unable to hide his smile. "Care to explain?"

Our mum huffed, looking at all of us. 

"Remus and I dated for a year before he started fancying Sirius and I started dating Daelan," she explained. "We were good friends."

"Good friends, Nabie-boo?!" Sirius joked, making my mum give him a warning look as she pressed her lips together, trying not to laugh at that exact moment. "We were the best of best friends! You, James, Lily, Remus, Mary, Marlene and that filthy rat! It's true that you were more like our big sister because you are older than us but, c'mon, we spent most of our time at Hogwarts together and you covered a lot of our jokes!"

"You are making it sound as if I was a bloody old lady, pal, I'm only two years older than you!" she complained.

Oh, my bloody Merlin.

All of us were silently observing the adults. Lena had her eyebrows raised, Lilith was just as perplexed as I was, Theo was smirking - curious - and the twins were surprisingly quiet, sorting their looks from my mum to the two husbands as if they were watching a tennis match.

"But yeah, that's true, we were the best, best friends," she smiled, with certain nostalgia in her voice and her eyes. "It's just that-" she took a deep breath, looking at her feet and swallowing hard. "It's been 15 years since Marlene, Lily and James are not here and...it's just as painful as the first day. I still feel guilty for not being able to protect them."

"Nabia," Remus tutted, "You did what you had to do - protect your daughter. Willow was just a baby and she needed you, and besides, being realistic, nothing would've changed either way."