41

THOUGHTS

_____________

The next day, I couldn't walk nor talk properly and ,as you might guess, both Theo and Lena laughed their arses off when they saw me. However, they were kind enough to bring me lunch to my dorm and make things way easier for me.

On Sunday, I was feeling way better so I finally could get out of my room and breathe some fresh air. While I was walking down the corridor from having breakfast at the Hall, thinking about looking for Theo to have a cigarette together at the lake, I saw a familiar curly hair and my eyes opened widely as soon as I saw her. 

Godric, I had forgotten my mum was supposed to come to visit me right after my birthday.

At that exact moment, she turned around and looked at me with her blue eyes tired and quite sad — she still managed to smile at me and open her arms to receive me in a big hug.

"Mum!" I whispered, holding her tightly, "I've missed you lots."

"I've missed you more, my love. First of all, happy birthday!" she smiled, leaving a kiss on my forehead, "And second of all, why do you sound so hoarse? Is your throat sore? Are you sick, baby?"

I did my best not to die of embarrassment and hide my nervousness. Bloody hell.

"Kind of, I think it's just a cold, though," I calmed her, assuring her I was okay. Merlin, I hated lying to my mum.

She smiled, rubbing my back as she hugged me again. 

"Shall we go to the lake? I've brought you one of these thermos flasks muggles use with hot tea and honey muffins. I saw Theo earlier and he's already waiting for us there."

"Great, sure!" I interlaced my arm with hers and we both walked together out of the castle. As my mum had said, Theo was sat in front of the lake, smoking while being barefoot and having his feet soaking in the cold water.

"Hi, baby!" mum hugged him from behind as she sat by his side, making him smile immediately, I sat in between them, resting my head on my mum's lap and my legs on Theo's.

"S'up, mate?" I smiled at him and he arched one of his eyebrows. My voice was still too hoarse, fuck. I saw him pressing his lips not to laugh.

"Have you seen how sick Willow is?" My mum intervened, quite naive, while she caressed my hair, "My poor girl."

"Mhm, sick, yeah," Theo nodded fervently, sarcastically, and I discreetly pinched him, making him choke with the smoke from his cigarette and start coughing.

"Oh, you too, Theo?" my mum asked, patting his back.

"Kind of, it's been quite cold this week," Theo smirked, looking at me and I stuck my tongue out at him.

My mother sighed, while still caressing my hair, she seemed so exhausted and not as happy as usual.

"What's wrong, ma?" I asked, guessing the sad expression on her face.

"Where's Georgie? I feel like you three should know this."

"He's with Fred, what happened?"

She exhaled again, biting her inner cheek and blinking repeatedly not to cry. My heart pounded fast in my chest as I worried for her. My mum never cried. Never.

"Mum..." I whispered as I caressed her cheek and Theo stroked her hand.

"I think your dad and I will end up getting divorced, Wi," she finally let it out in a soft murmur.