22

DETENTION & MYSTERIES

TW: sexual content

_____________

Marlena apologised to me as soon as I entered the dorm and, obviously, I forgave her. But there was still an enigma in the air; who was snitching to Mrs Di Luca?

Lena couldn't think of anybody and that was burning out her mind. The worst part, though, was that she felt bad with herself for 'disappointing' her dad, even though I had tried to convince her that her sexuality wasn't any reason to feel disappointed.

On Friday evening, I arrived at the trophy room accompanied by Theo, who only came to scoff and show himself superior in front of George, pissing off the ginger even more.

"I still don't know what the fuck you're doing here," George protested, leaned against the closed door as we waited for McGonagall to arrive.

"Taking pleasure in the fact that Slytherin is going to smash your shitty team," Theo replied, amused and cynic, looking at his nails painted in black.

George huffed, "It's pathetic that you need me out of the match to win, Nott."

"It's pathetic that your team doesn't even need you to lose, Weasley. We'd beat your arse whether you were playing or not."

"Willow, say something!" George pouted, trying to get me in their stupid discussion.

"Something."

Theo chuckled and George clicked his tongue. We saw McGonagall approaching us with her raced way of walking, giving us her usual deadpan face.

"Mr Nott, may I know what you are doing here? I don't reckon you have any detention," she intervened and Theo smirked.

"No, professor, I just wanted to wish luck to my dear friends before the amazing match that they'd be missing," he said with a hint of irony in his voice as he messed my hair, making me bite my inner cheek not to smile. He started to leave, not without giving one last smile full of superiority at an annoyed George.

McGonagall opened the door while the ginger kept glaring at Nott.

"Since I think that missing such an important match as this one is already enough punishment for you two, especially for you, Mr Weasley, I'll only ask you to clean the trophies in this room without magic, obviously," the woman started showing us a good couple of shelves with a big amount of prizes in it, in front of them, a long desk with a couple of chairs. I focused my eyes on the prizes, if each of us does half of the total amount, we will be finished ten minutes before completing two hours.

"We have to clean all of them?" George opened his eyes widely.

McGonagall blinked, without changing the expression on her face. 

"Of course, Mr Weasley," she said with an obvious tone and her wand still on her hands. "And, now, if you excuse me, I'd like to witness the match and Mr Nott's devastated face once Gryffindor wins," her voice became more serious and she focused her eyes on me, "Ms Áine, I trust in your seriousness and integrity to assure me you won't be doing any other thing rather what I've asked you."

I immediately nodded.

"Oi! You don't trust me, Minnie?" George said, sounding offended, 

McGonagall chuckled, absolutely astonished;

"Is that a real question?"

Giving us one last warning look, she simply left, letting a heavy silence get installed over George and me.