29

FEELINGS

_____________

We went back to Hogwarts with the entrance of 1995 breaking the little enchantment that had united us during George's stay at my house. Days kept going by with normality; he joined his twin again - much to his happiness since even though they were individual beings, George wasn't George without Fred and Fred wasn't Fred without George -, his mother had sent him a letter apologising for her poor behaviour, our encounters limited to the classes and some nights at the Astronomy Tower where we would keep our conversations as trivial and shallow as possible and I went back to concentrate on Marlena and Theo.

She had come back from Italy completely happy since she had found out that her mother not only supported her about her sexuality and her freedom but also had broken the rules by sending a Howler to her husband, saying how much in disagree she was with his views.

"Godric, if you knew how happy I was these holidays, Willow!" she smiled, immersed in her own reverie. "I fucked that tourist in Florence and - I have been thinking about a boy from here."

"From Hogwarts?" I asked her, completely astonished. She nodded. "You haven't fucked a boy since Cormac."

"I know, but I haven't fucked this one yet, that's why I'm not telling you who he is."

"Oh, Merlin," I rolled my eyes, "Don't tell me you have broken your motto of 'Pussy before heart', Lena."

"Oi, when did I say that?" she smirked, "It's just that he looks like more than just a fuck. Maybe two or three."

We kept walking through the crowded corridor until I stopped in front of the library.

"You have work to do?" she asked me, putting her hands in the pockets of her leather jacket.

"Nah, I just want to relax a bit, y'know?" I shrugged, "I need a bit of silence now that our dears Angie and Katie spend all their day snogging. Have they made their thing official?"

"Yeah, they are girlfriends now. But we are the only ones who know it."

"And that's how it's going to stay," I assured, putting my hand on the door's knob, but she stopped me from opening.

"Don't brood too much about our dads' situation, alright?" Lena whispered, "Once again, mate, I'm sorry for how I treated you these past weeks."

I smiled at her, "There's nothing to thank for, Lena. Soon it would be my time to behave like a dickhead," I winked at her and she chuckled.

"See you later?"

"Sure!"

Finally watching her walking away, probably back to the common room, I entered the library, finding it empty. It was a cold winter day in January and it didn't surprise me to know that the students were revising for their exams next to the fireplace in their common rooms instead of being in the coldest place in the entire castle, but I genuinely needed to isolate myself.

Just for a bit.

These last days had been quite overwhelming. Seeing George strolling around with his usual group of friends and having girls flirting with him again was affecting me more than I thought it would do and I surprised myself wishing with way more intensity than ever before for him not to hook up nor kiss with any of them. I didn't want him to get tired of me.

We hadn't talked further about that new title of ours; best friends with benefits, but it was certain that sex between us was electric, passionate, and something that felt right, that felt meant to be, and that none of us wanted to stop.