Chapter 75.

John's POV.

I woke with a scream lodged in my throat. My eyes were now wide open and I was staring at the ceiling of an unknown place. That just caused me to panic even more.

My breathing picked up quickly and I shot up from the bed where I was laying. I was so confused as to where I was. The dream still so real in my mind.

Amelia! I couldn't save her. I was too late!! The Boss Rouge killed her. My heart beat was practically in my throat and I was so focused in my mind that I didn't even realize when someone walked into the room.

That is, until they placed a hand in my shoulder. I nearly jumped out of my skin and a cry of fear and surprise left my lips. I forced myself to focus and looked to see who it was.

There in front of me was Alpha Grace. She was clearly saying something, but I couldn't make out what it was. I tried to push away from her. She shouldn't see me like this.

Tears formed in my eyes as reality hit me like a stone. A sob built in my throat and I tried as hard as I could to keep it from coming out. It was no use. The sobs just started and I couldn't control it.

I was just barely aware of hands grabbing my shoulders and leading me over to the bed. I was sat down and I felt a comforting pressure around me. I couldn't make it out, but all I know is it helped to calm me down.

After a good ten minutes the tears slowly stopped and I took a few deep breaths. That's when I heard her finally. " It's ok John. I got you. You're doing good. Just breath. " her voice was comforting.

It helped ground me to the present. I couldn't trust my voice right now. I'm afraid that if I tried speaking, I'd go right back to crying. Instead I merely slumped against her, letting her hold comfort me more and help relax me.

Her constant words of comfort and encouragement did wonders as well. Finally I was calm enough to use my voice. " Thank you. " I mumbled.

I could practically feel her relief at me speaking. " You never have to thank me John. This is what I do. I'm here to help you. " she said.

" You shouldn't have had to see me like that. " I say. I could feel my cheeks heat up a little in embarrassment. I should be stronger then that.

" Sweetie, it's ok. I've seen some of the strongest people break down worse then this. You John, are one of the strongest I've seen. You are so strong and brave to continue on the way you have even after what you've been through. " she said.

I managed a small smile and slowly backed out of her hold. I then looked up at her face. She was smiling warmly at me. I wiped the tears off my face and took one more deep breath.

" Do you want breakfast here? " she asked.

I looked at her a bit confused. She just smiled and explained. " Sometimes when I take new pack members in, they can barely leave the bed. The pack along with myself take care of them. If you wish to stay away from the pack for a while. I will bring your food up to you. " she said.

I personally don't think I can be alone today. My mind goes right back to Amelia when I'm left alone. I slowly start to stand. " Well, what are we waiting for?" I say. I small smile at my lips.

I don't feel like talking to people at all since this all happened, but somehow it just seems easy to talk to her. Her smile brightens at my words and she stands as well.

" I brought you in some new clothes. They are right there on the dresser. I'll wait for you outside. " she said.

I nodded thanks fo her and she closed the doors behind her. I quickly dressed, keeping my mind focused on the task in order for my mind not to stray again.

Once I was done I opened the door and she was standing there waiting, just like she said she would. " Come on John. Let's get you some food. "

I nod in reply and together the two of us walk side by side all the way down to the dinning room she has. There were a few different people here. Two guys and a girl.

They looked as emotionally drained as I felt. I must look about the same. " Take a seat. I'll go grab your food. " she said.

I nodded and sat. She then walked away to go get the food. I felt a little awkward being here in a new pack, around people I don't know. The girl must have sensed how I was feeling.

She smiled warmly. " I know how you feel. I'm new here too. " she said.

I offered a small smile. " I understand if you don't want to speak. I won't pressure you into it. My name is Holly. " she says.

" J-John. " I mumbled softly. She just continued to smile at me. Before she could say anything else, Alpha Grace walked in with a tray carrying four plates of food. She placed one in front of each of us.

It looked good. Eggs, Grits and bacon. Cheese sprinkled on it. The smell then hit my nose and that's when I realized how hungry I was. My stomach growled and Alpha Grace laughed.

" Well don't be shy. Dig it and enjoy. " she said.

We all give a smile and do as she said and dig in. Not much encouragement needed there. Alpha Grace sat down. She must have already eaten.

" Everyone, this is John. He will be staying with us for as long as he needs to heal. John, this is Holly, Jack and Sam. They are also from other packs, they came here to heal as well and if they want. They are invited to stay. " says Alpha Grace.

We all waved at each other and come to he'd to eat. A very comfortable silence fell across us. After the wake up I had. A meal like this just feels great.

A new place, a semi new start. Maybe this is exactly what I need. Only time will tell.

Comment and vote.

A/N. Hey guys. Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Not sure who's POV I'll do next. Happy 4th everyone. Hope you had a great day. Until next time guys. :-).